Chapter 9: Ice Skating Once Again

"Katsuki, it's too late, let's go back to the hot springs..."

"No (Y/n), I want you to skate again, that's an order!"
(^ω^)

"You're not the General...please let me go Katsuki."
(−_−;)

You pulled and pulled but unfortunately, Yuri wouldn't let you go.
Where were you two going at this late hour?
You two were going back to the Ice Castle, where you two first met those years ago.
Yuri wanted to see you skate again, but you kept denying his request.
You weren't in the mood to skate as of now and you had to do more research on Viktor Nikiforov, the man you were sure who killed your parents...
or at least you think he did.
In no time flat, you two reached it, the rink all empty and dead.
Yuri holds up two fingers to his friend, Yuuko.

"Two skates please!"
(^▽^)

"Yuri, seriously...I don't want to ice skate, I have work to do."
(>_<)

"It can wait! P-Please show me your ice skating skills again..."
(*^^*)

Yuri begged, blushing.
You crossed your arms and pout, tapping your foot...then you sighed and grab the skates, causing Yuri to smile.
After putting on your skates, you take off your jacket, your uniform and green beret, leaving you in your navy-blue uniform pants, black shiny shoes and plain white t-shirt.
Yuri blushed at the sight of you, fiddling with his glasses.
You click your tongue at him.

"Do you mind...?"
(¬、¬)

"O-Oh! S-Sorry!"

Yuri covers his eyes, blushing once more.
You then slowly take a step on the ice, then skate to the center without turning your back.

Just one skate performance...that's all I have to do. Just one skate performance for one person...
For Yuri.

You took a deep breath and hold your hands up to the air, your eyes half-lidded.
You then slowly start skating across the ice, making calm, graceful gestures as you go.
There was no music, only the sounds of the blades of your skates skidding across the icy floor.

I feel calm again...is it because I'm skating here? At this place where my parents used to take me all the time?
Heh...I could still remember them cheering me on from the stands...

You then performed a double axel, followed by triple, successfully landing on them. You then did a triple salchow, earning a surprised gasp from Yuri who was watching from behind the barrier.

Heh, that Katsuki...he's still the same as before, always gasping at my moves...

You thought as you then smirked at him, causing his nose to bleed a little.
You kept a straight face again as you then did a camel spin.
You were concentrating so much, it felt like another mission to you...a mission that had a little more meaning to it.
You were doing something you loved when you were young, something that always made you motivated, something that actually defined you...
You came to a complete stop, gasping for air and hugging your chest, staring up at the ceiling.
You have done it once again, you have skated on the ice...
You could even hear your parents cheering from afar...
You skate towards Yuri, who was now covering up his red face.

"A-A-Amazing..."

"VKUSNOOOOOOO!"
\(^▽^)/

"Huh?"

You both turn around to the familiar Russian accent and sure enough, it was Viktor Nikiforov, smiling brightly at you two.
You squint your eyes, crossing your arms.

"Oh...Viktor..."

You whispered. Viktor approaches you two, clapping his gloved hands.

"That was definitely amazing Miss (L/n)! How did you learn to do those moves?~"
(¬ω¬)

"From here...in this rink...Yuuko and Yuri had taught me long ago."

"Ah~ Very nice, very nice! Well I'm here because I have something for both you and Yuri! Ta-da!"
(*^▽^*)

Viktor handed you two plane tickets to China, it surprised Yuri but it made you even more suspicious of Viktor than you already were.

Why did he give us this...? Does he perhaps have something planned up his sleeve?

"What's this for...?"

You questioned him. Viktor holds up his hands in surrender.

"Easy with the temper (L/n)! I decided that if me and Yuri are going to the Grand Prix Series, then you should come too!"

You hum in response, thinking about what Viktor could be hiding behind that fake smile of his...
Yuri pats your shoulder.

"(Y/n), it's okay if you don't want to-"

"I accept..."

"(Y-Y/n)?"

Yuri's brown eyes widened at your answer while Viktor smirks.
You gave him a confident smile.

"I shall accompany you two in the Grand Prix Series..."