Chapter 11: Viktor's Sister

You and Yuri couldn't believe your eyes and ears: Viktor Nikiforov had a sister this whole time? And he didn't even tell you guys...
You thought to yourself that this guy was a secretive jerk...it added more juice to your suspicion bar.
Yuri shyly shakes hands with Veronica, blushing.

"T-Thank you! I-I try my best every time...and it's all thanks to my coach Viktor and my close friend, (Y/n)"
(^^ゞ

Wait, Yuri was thanking you?
All you've been doing this whole time was keeping an eye on him and being there in person to watch his performances, it's not like you were doing something very important for him like teaching him ice skating techniques and all that...
Viktor laughs, then wraps an arm around the flustered Pork Cutlet Bowl.

"Why of course! I want him to win gold!~"
(*^ワ^*)

"I just want him to be happy with what he does...it is his hobby after all, he should at least enjoy it and not enjoy just the victory of it..."

You said, surprising all three.
You even saw Yuri softly smile...
Veronica simply smiles and pinches your cheek.

"Ah yes! You are right about that! Viktor needs to learn things from you~ Oh! I didn't realize earlier! You must be (Y/n) (L/n), right? The First Class Ranked soldier from Hasetsu?"
(。・o・。)

You gently slap her hand away from your face, clicking your tongue at her.
You hated when people touched your face...it irritated you, probably because you weren't interactive with them and it annoyed you.
You rub your red cheek while staring into those blue eyes of hers that reminded you of Viktor's.

"Yeah..."
(눈_눈)

"Oh, I knew it! You're pretty strong-willed to be in First Class! Congratulations!"
(* >ω<)

"Whatever...thank you for the compliment though"
(¬_¬)

Veronica smiles again while putting her hands behind her back, looking at both you and Yuri Katsuki.
She hums, then smirks.

"If I may ask: Are you and Yuri together?~"
(¬ω¬)

"WHAT?!"
(,Ծ_Ծ,)

"N-Nani?!"
(๑•́o•̀๑)

You and Yuri couldn't believe Viktor's own sister would ask a silly question like that, it shocked you two. Viktor was just laughing his butt off in the background while Veronica patiently waits for an answer.
Yuri shakes his head, blushing 50 shades of red while you stood there, trying to keep a straight face instead of giggling.
Yuri answers the Russian girl.

"N-N-No, we're not...s-sorry to burst your bubble"
(^^;)

For some strange reason, that made you feel...disappointed to hear him say that. It also made him disappointed and guilty to say it too...he honestly liked you, but he didn't want to admit it.
You cross your arms, pouting.

"Sorry, I don't have time to love...I have to worry about military work, you know, missions and all that"

"Oh...I am sorry to hear you say that...you two would look so cute together though"
╮(─▽─)╭

You shake your head, your (h/c) bangs covering your (e/c) eyes.
You've had enough with this "love" talk thing...
You push past her, trying to get away from both her and Yuri Katsuki.

"Please...I would be wasting my time on a relationship..."

You whispered, loud enough for Yuri to hear.
Yuri felt hurt and you knew it, but you were a tough soldier, you didn't care about his feelings...did you?
Why, you even felt hurting yourself for saying those harsh words...
You face Viktor, your face filled with seriousness.

"Where do we go from here...?"

"Oh! Next, we go to Moscow, for the Rostelecom Cup!"
┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

"Fine...let's get a move on then, I don't want to miss the flight..."

You growl before leaving behind Viktor, Veronica and Yuri, heading out into the cold.
You wanted to get away from all of them, you wanted to get away from the words "love" and "sister".
Those words would just remind you of your old past, the past you loved a lot...before some murderer took it all away from you.
You had no trouble sleeping that night, probably because you were clinging onto both your rifle to protect you and your family photo to comfort you.
You kept staring at the picture, hoping your parents were living a peaceful life...before you fell fast asleep.
Yuri came in and found you sleeping peacefully in the bed, it made the ice skater smile.
He was just glad you weren't crying again.
He gently grabs both your gun and picture from out of your arms and places them on the drawer before pulling the sheets up to your chin.
He then places a kiss on your forehead, faintly smiling down at you.

"Oyasumi, (Y/n)..."