Chapter 8: Change

Yuri had pulled it off.
He had shown his new self to all the people of Hasetsu, especially you, (Y/n) (L/n).
He could still remember your reactions to his skating magic, it made him glad to show you his different side.
His sexy side to be exact.
After the competition, Yurio was nowhere to be found.
Yuuko however explained that he just left during Yuri's performance because he knew who exactly was going to win over Viktor Nikiforov...
But the question is: Where did you go?
You just disappeared into thin air, right after Yuri's performance.
Yuri asks Viktor, to which Viktor shakes his head.

"I don't know...I think you blew her away~"
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"I-I didn't mean to make her leave though! I'll have to find her...I hope I didn't hurt her in any way."
(/。\)

Yuri then left Viktor, traveling through the small town to find the tough soldier he knew from before those many years ago.
He had to ask you questions, questions about why you left the ice skating club, and why you didn't say goodbye...
After hours of searching, he hesitantly gave up.
Snow slowly drifted from the skies as Yuri walked home, shaking from the bitter cold.
He hoped you were well...
Then he found you sitting on the rooftop of his home.
He shyly smiles as he climbs up after you.
You didn't notice him there till you heard him sit by you with a squeak.
You didn't look up at him as you spoke.

"...Hey..."

"Hey, I saw you at the competition...are you alright? Was I too much for you?"

You look up, meeting his brown eyes staring right into your (e/c) orbs.
You sighed, then ruffle his hair, rubbing the snowflakes off his head.
You earned a blush from him.

"No...I'm just surprised you changed over these many years...I still remember when you were that young, shy skater, who kinda knew the skills and jumps...and sometimes mess up on them and Takeshi would tease you for it."

"Hehe, yeah...those were good times..."
(^^ゞ

A light blush appears across his face as he smiled at you again.
You kept a straight face, not wanting to show your vulnerable side.
You two sat there in silence before he spoke again.

"Why did you leave?"

The sudden question caused you to perk your head up, your hands gripping tightly to your jacket.
You avoided eye contact with the skater, you didn't want him to see the tears forming in your (e/c) eyes.

"...Because I was forced to..."

"Forced to? Why were you forced to? I thought you loved ice skating when you were young...I remember when you smiled all the time, especially when you landed perfectly on an axel or salchow! You were, no, you're still an amazing skater in my eyes, (Y/n)!"

"I was forced to, alright! I had to go into the military force! I had to go somewhere else! I couldn't stay here any longer...I had to leave, Yuri."

Your voice trails off as you began to sniffle. Yuri heard this and tries hugging you, but you push him away with one hand.

"No...don't try cheering me up...I'm not the little girl I used to be..."

"...In my eyes, you are. You're still the little girl that I used to be so happy with..."

You felt him grip your hand tightly, his warmth surrounding your freezing hand.
You then felt one thing that you never felt in a long time...your heartbeat was rapidly going fast.
Why was your heartbeat rising now?
Usually it would only rise when you lacked air from swimming underwater and adrenaline rushing through you when you did your missions...but this feeling...it was definitely different from what you felt before.
You felt yourself shake, not because of the bitter cold...but because of Yuri himself.
You then heard him sigh.

"(Y/n)...I know you changed over time and whatever changed you, it doesn't seem to fit you, it doesn't seem to fit your true personality I've seen before...
I don't like this cold, quiet you...
I-I like the happy, confident, silly you...
the you from the ice skating club that I met when I was little...
So please, (Y/n)...I want you. I want the real you back."

You couldn't believe what Yuri was saying.
He liked your weak side? You knew you were cold to him when you two met again, but that's because you changed, this was the new you, just like Yuri's Eros side.
So what was the difference?

"Katsuki-"

"(Y/n)."

He strictly said, taking you aback.
Your eyes then widened at his request.

"I want you to skate again..."