Chapter 10: Cup of China! Part 1

You couldn't sleep on the plane trip to China, where the Grand Prix Series was going to start.
Every time you close your (e/c) eyes, you could clearly see your parents dead bodies right in front of you again.
There was no escape to this horrible memory that still lingered inside your head.
You shake your head, then walk to the bathroom, needing to relieve yourself.
Another reason why you were uncomfortable to sleep was because you were sitting right next to Viktor Nikiforov.
You worried that he would possibly slit your throat or suffocate you in your sleep and you would never wake up again...
You also had to protect Yuri, who sat on the other side of you, snoozing away. He even looked cute when sleeping peacefully...
You quickly stopped daydreaming about the Japanese man as you washed your hands, staring at your reflection in the mirror.
You had bags under your eyes and your (h/c) hair was in a messy bun.
You sighed and fixed yourself up, since you were taught to maintain your proper appearance during military training.
After that, you walked back to your seat, only to find a horrific sight...
Yuri Katsuki was shot in the chest, his brown eyes drained of life.
You gasped as you heard the Russian chuckle behind you.

"I got you now, (L/n)~"

You screamed, only to be woken up by Yuri, who had a worried expression on his face. He shook you by your shoulders gently.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n) wake up!"
(/。\)

"H-Huh? W-What? What happened?"

"You were having a nightmare...you scared me for a second there, (Y/n)..."

Yuri replies as he sighs with relief, then suddenly embraces you. You push him away, maintaining a straight face.

"I'm fine...I can handle myself, so stop worrying about me, Katsuki."
(−_−;)

Yuri blushes, fiddling with his glasses once more. You swear that he always did that when he was younger and yet, he still does it.
It was a silly habit of his whenever he was flustered about something.
Viktor was standing in front of you two now, his face filled with concern.
You growl at him, gripping the sleeves of your uniform.

"And you...you stay away from me during this trip, understood?"

"Okay okay, no need to go all tough tiger on me, unlike someone else I know..."
(^~^)

Once you three get off the plane and arrive at the hotel, you were so exhausted that you needed sleep.
But how could you sleep though if this man was going to be in the same room with you?
This...possible killer?
You wanted to ask Yuri Katsuki to watch you sleep...but that would make you seem weak, so you kept your mouth shut as the three of you unpacked.
There was no way you were asking any favors from Yuri...never.
After having an interview with the press, Viktor kept pushing Yuri and you to go eat hot pot, to which Yuri agreed.
Unfortunately, you wanted to do research instead of waste time eating hot pot.
However, Yuri promised he would buy it, so you then agreed.
While at the restaurant, Yuri and Viktor were talking about the next program while you sat there munching away, ignoring their conversation for it didn't matter to you.
Viktor then nudged your shoulder.

"Hey (L/n)! Have a drink! It's good~"
(^ω^)

"I don't drink alcohol..."
(¬_¬)

"Awww come on! Just one can! It'll be good, I promise you!"
(*^▽^*)

After saying your name over and over again, you had enough with Viktor.
You swipe the can of beer out of his hand, growling.

"Fine! One drink and that's it..."
( ̄へ ̄)

A few cans later...

"WHOA HO HO! VIKTOR I NEVER KNEW HOW AWESOME YOU WERE TILL NOW! WOW, DO THAT AGAIN!"
(ノ≧∀≦)ノ

You giggled as Viktor beat you in a rock-paper-scissors competition. Yuri couldn't believe that you, the tough soldier he met many weeks ago, was drunk...so drunk to the point that you didn't make any sense at all.
Same with Viktor, he was a hot mess.
Viktor laughs out loud while banging his fist on the table.

"SEEEEEEE! I'M AWESOME, AM I?~"
(*≧▽≦)

"OOOH YOU DEFINITELY ARE! THOUGH, I STILL DON'T TRUST YA!"
(ᗒᗜᗕ)

You laughed while taking another sip of beer. Yuri tried taking it away from you, but you shove your hand in his face, preventing him from stealing your drink.

"AH AH KATSUKI! THIS IS MINE! MINE! NOT YOURS!"
(๑>ᴗ<๑)

"(Y-Y-Y/n), I think you drank too much-"
(^_^;)

"Why don't you trust me (L/n)?~ I'm awesome though!"

Viktor slurred his words as he started stripping. Yuri covered his eyes, blushing at the situation he was in.
You continued talking while hiccuping and smirking.

"Because I know you killed my parents, you Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!"

Your confession made Yuri's eyes widened, his mouth drops open.
He couldn't believe his own ears, did he just hear you clearly accusing Viktor of being a murderer? A murderer of your own parents?
And wait...your parents were dead?
This had to be a joke, Yuri kept thinking to himself, but you wouldn't stop shouting at Viktor while laughing menacingly as tears flown out of your eyes.

"You stupid murderer!~ How dare you?!~ Ha! I hope you learn your lesson! Ha!"

You were about to punch his beautiful face until Yuri held you back.
Yuri has had enough for one night.
He pays for the meal and drags you back to the hotel room, hoping Viktor can make it back himself.

(Y/n)....you never told me your parents were murdered...is this the real reason why you left Hasetsu in the first place?