Chapter 13: Resign?

The Short Program was about to start and you still haven't spoken a word to Yuri and neither did he...
You both walked in silence while Viktor and his sister were walking ahead, speaking in Russian.
You glared at them while crossing your arms.

I wonder what Viktor's planning...
No, stop (Y/n), your suspicions is what's hurting your friendship with Yuri right now...
If he trusts Viktor, then you trust Viktor, got it?

You shake your head, sighing as the snowflakes landed on your cheeks and nose and on your (h/c) hair.
Yuri glances at you for a second, then stares straight ahead again, trying to maintain his concentration for the next program.
Once you guys made it to the rink, Veronica bids them farewell, telling them she's going to get a seat in the stands while dragging you along with her.
You couldn't wait for the bickering to began...yay.
Once you two find available seats, Veronica nudges your shoulder.

"Hey, you and Yuri seem quiet today...is something wrong?"
(。・o・。)

"I have to be honest with you, Veronica...yes, something is wrong and it's all because of me"

You felt her arm wrap around your shoulder, pulling you close to her.
You didn't mind but you wondered why she did it. Veronica stares into your eyes, concerned.

"Well, why is it you? What did you do to Yuri? Did you...take his virginity without permission?"
(/。\)

"Okay, one: That's rape and I was taught never to do that in military and two: I didn't even know he still had his virginity..."
(ーー;)

Yuri was only 23 and he still hasn't lost his innocence...
So this whole time while you were gone, Yuri never even had a lover.

He must've been waiting for me to come back or something...
But who knows for sure? Only he knows...

"Hey (Y/n), the programs are starting! I think Yurio's first! YAY! GO YURIO!"
O(≧∇≦)O

Veronica screams while eating popcorn while you sat there, alone with your thoughts about Yuri.
You then stood up from your seat, grimacing.

"I need to find Viktor and Yuri..."

Veronica stares up at you puzzled before shrugging her shoulders.

"Okay...but you're going to miss Yurio's Agape..."
╮(─▽─)╭

"Huh? Yurio's Agape...?"

You stare back at the Russian girl, confused as to what she was talking about. She then points to Yurio who was now skating to the center of the rink, his crisp-white costume shining like the stars.
She smirks.

"My brother told me about Agape before...it's about unconditional love and it has a slow and gentle feel to it...but also melancholy. I really like the song honestly, but I also love how Yurio performs it...He's beauty and grace..."
('▽'ʃƪ)♡

"He'll punch you in the face if you ever talk to him..."
(−_−;)

You say under your breath. Veronica sighs, then pats your back.

"Well, go find Viktor and Yuri if you must...I'll be right here"
♡~('▽^人)

You nod, then quickly stroll to the back, desperately searching for Yuri.
You wanted to speak with him before his performance...and it was something definitely important.
While you ran through the halls, you kept thinking about what Veronica said about Agape...

I wonder if I can unlock my inner Agape...maybe it could help change me back to the real me, the real (Y/n) Yuri wants to see...

You were then stopped by the fabulous JJ, who smirked at you.

"And what kind of soldier like you is doing here?~"
(。•̀ᴗ-)✧

"Enough with the flirting, I'm looking for Yuri Katsuki..."
(눈_눈)

"Oh! You just missed him, Viktor took him to the parking lot...I don't know why but it's probably for warm up purposes~"
(¬ω¬)

You quickly nod then ran towards the parking garage, hoping to make it in time. Yuri's performance was going to start soon...but you had to speak with him, now.
Once you made it, you heard voices and hid behind one of the concrete pillars, maintaining your breathing and heart rate.
You couldn't give yourself away, otherwise you would lose Viktor's trust.
You heard him speak with Yuri while the crowd roars from above.

"Don't listen!"

Huh? What the hell is going on here?

You then heard Yuri's soft voice tremble.

"V-Viktor? It's almost time...we need to get back..."

You then heard his footsteps echoing throughout the parking lot, silence following. Then you heard Viktor speak.

"Yuri..."

"Huh?"

"..."

"If you mess up this free skate and miss the podium...I'll take responsibility by resigning as your coach..."

Resigning? I haven't heard that word in years...the only person I heard it from was...

Memories began to flood your mind again, memories you wanted to forget: You were having trouble passing one obstacle as it poured outside and you heard your drill sergeant scream at you, brandishing his arms and blowing his whistle. You then heard him yell,

"(Y/n) (L/n)! If you don't pass this obstacle right now, I'm going to force you to resign!"

Resign...resign...resign...

That word echoed in your brain..and that's when you snapped.

"You...you idiot..."