*I Will Come Home: Part 1*

CRACK!

"(Y-Y/n)! Are you alright?!"

You heard Yuri's scream echo through the room as you felt your hands shake rapidly, your heart speeding up from the adrenaline rush that course in your veins.
You were so distracted by your thoughts that you didn't feel the burning pain of the hot chocolate that soaked your pants, the remains slowly dripping down your seat.
You couldn't feel the burning sensation because of the giant cast that covered both your legs, these legs that used to be your best friends in ice skating...until she broke them.
Yuri panics as he swiftly cleans up the wet mess, then checks your hands and legs for any burn marks.

"I-I'm so sorry! I-I thought you had it-"

"Don't worry about it, Yuri. It was my fault, I accidentally dropped it. Luckily, this cast of mine protected me from the hot drink...it's just like a bulletproof vest, which used to protect me from getting shot..."

"W-Well your clothes are stained now! Let's get you cleaned up, okay?"

Yuri advises, to which you nod in agreement. He helps carry you to the hot springs, your legs still aching from the pain that Veronica had inflicted upon you those few weeks ago.
She was now stuck in prison for the rest of her life...
Justice was served.
When you two arrive at your destination, Yuri blushes as he helps you out of your pants, trying not to see anything private.
He then reaches for the buttons of your shirt, but you stop him.

"Yuri, I can do this by myself, don't worry..."

"B-But (Y/n)! I want to help! You've been through a lot and you need the support!"

"I got this, Yuri..."

"N-No, let me do it! I love you
(Y/n)...please let me be a good boyfriend-I mean, fiancé and help you..."

Yuri stutters as he then unbuttons your shirt, slowly removing it from your shoulders.
But what he saw surprised him a lot...on your left shoulder was a big white band-aid patch, covering what appeared to be a wound...
Yuri's brown eyes widened.

"I-Is that a...a gunshot wound?"

You were silent...you even avoided his brown eyes as you stared down at your broken legs, wishing that you should've stopped him from seeing the old wound.
Yuri places his hands on your shoulders, staring at you with worry and concern.

"(Y/n), where did you get that gunshot wound from? Veronica? Did she do this to you-"

"Veronica didn't give me this gunshot wound...they did"

Yuri stares at you, confused as you gently touch the white bandage, flinching.
It still stung...just like a scorpion bite.

"W-Who?"

"...It was when I left you and Viktor back in Russia...for my mission"

"...So, what happened?"

Yuri asked as he took a seat on a nearby bench, watching you as you soak yourself in the hot spring.
You sigh as you touch the old wound, those sad memories flooding back to you.

"...Me and my squad arrived at our mission's destination...somewhere in the Antarctic..."

___________________________

"Geez! It's freezing as hell over here! Don't you think, (Y/n)?"

"Huh? What?"

You snap out of your thoughts as you stopped playing with the silver bullet in between your fingers, looking at your squad member and close friend, Lieutenant Oliver C.
You have known Oliver ever since you joined the army, so you two were close childhood friends and army buddies.
He helped you with learning how to hold your breath under water, reload different types of guns and stealth for some missions.
You pull your scarf up to your mouth and nose, protecting yourself from the cold.

"Yeah...it's pretty freezing here"

"When we're done with this mission, we can go home again! I can't wait to see my family, especially my brother! I haven't seen him in so long...well, on tv sometimes, but I really want to see him in person again!"

Oliver chirped as he kept flashing his bright smile at you, causing you to laugh at his silliness.
He has always been this energetic...that's probably why he was the best lieutenant to have around because when everyone is feeling nervous and even scared, he would always try to lift their spirits up.
He then looks out the window, his dark eyes widening with surprise.

"We're here..."

You look out the window too, seeing nothing but snow covering the whole area.
Then you see glowing red lights circling the landing area, where snow trucks and other soldiers awaited.
Oliver then clips his helmet on, covering his eyes with snow goggles.

"Alright men! When we land, get inside the trucks! We're going to use them to get to the enemies base! From there, we fight!"

Once the helicopter lands, everyone hops out, including you and Oliver.
As you and your squad run towards the trucks, a soldier yells to Oliver.

"Oliver! Do we even have enough men to take on this enemy?!"

"We may have only a few squads out here, but I know we can survive! You just have to fight! Fight for your country!
Fight for your family!
Fight for yourself!"

I will fight for Yuri Katsuki...