Chapter 15: Thank You

His program is about to begin...I hope he remembers what I told him.

You silently thought as you took a seat next to Veronica, who was still eating popcorn.
Veronica smiles when you plop down on the bench.

"Geez, where have you been? You missed a great performance by Georgi Popovich!"
(^▽^)

"I had to...give Yuri Katsuki a talk..."
(^~^;)ゞ

You weren't going to tell Veronica the whole story between Yuri and Viktor. It would just be too much information to tell and besides...
it wasn't any of her business.
Veronica stares at you, puzzled then shrugs her shoulders.

"Eh, whatever you say..."
┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

You nod, then take a piece of popcorn from the bucket and pop it into your mouth, chewing on it while thinking about Yuri's reaction to your words of advice.
You knew he could do it, you knew he can make it to the podium, you believed in him...
You just had to have faith in him and watch him accomplish it.
Out of the corner of your (e/c) eye, you saw Viktor and Yuri together, Yuri's eyes red and puffy from crying into your shoulder.
He was taking tissues from Viktor, blowing his nose with them.
You wanted to hug him one last time before he head out...but you didn't want to get close to Viktor again. You were still angry with him for shattering Yuri's fragile heart...
You then saw Yuri teasingly poke Viktor's head, it made you giggle for a second, then you went back to your calm, straight face.

Yuri...you're so silly.

Yuri then skates out there as the announcements were being made.
You cross your arms and kept your eyes on him the whole time, never letting him out of your sight.

I have faith in you, Yuri...now show me what you got!

However, the music was changed into a soft piano playing...
What song was this?
It had a beautiful feeling to it...
You watched as Yuri slowly lifts his head and his arms and gracefully skates across the ice, following to the tune of the song.
As he skates, Yuri smiled as he saw you in the front.

(Y/n)'s words have made me realize that I'm not a depressed, quiet skater...
I still have talent in me.
I can't believe she screamed at Viktor like that, I've never seen her scream at anybody before...
Was it her military training that made her like that?
Or was it...really her?
Was it really (Y/n) (L/n) who just wanted to tell the truth to Viktor?
It had to be...she was right about half the stuff she said to him.

Yuri then performed a quadruple toe loop and double toe loop combination, successfully landing on both of them. The crowd cheers and so did you.
Yuri smiles even more than he did before.

Heh, that was better than I expected...
Is it because of (Y/n)'s words of motivation that keeps echoing throughout my head?
Or was it luck?
I'm pretty sure it was (Y/n)...it has to be!
Stupid Viktor!

He then performed a quadruple salchow with success!
The crowd was going crazy now, while you kept sitting still, clapping and smirking at Yuri.

Yuri's really relaxed today...
Did my words of advice help him?
Heh...I have so much faith in you now, Yuri...you have no idea.

Yuri couldn't believe he made it, it made him even more determined to win this thing. He had to win it...for you.
He then performs a triple loop and glides through the ice with graceful movements.

(Y/n)...I wanted you to change...then you wanted me to change...
Is this why I love you now?
Is this why I want you now?
My theme is love for this series...and I want you to be apart of it.

He performs a triple axel but accidentally touches down. He wasn't going to give up now, not now!
He then does a triple axel, single loop, triple salchow combination, accidentally over-rotating it.
You grip your navy-blue pants, suddenly getting nervous for him.

Keep going Yuri...don't give up on yourself.

A triple lutz, triple toe loop combination, performed with success.
You and Viktor were gasping at the Japanese ice skater, you two didn't know what the hell was happening out there.

Holy sh-

Yuri then does a quadruple flip, trying to attempt it but falls.
He keeps getting up however.

He fell...but there were enough rotations!

And with that...Yuri's performance had ended.
It was silent, no one saying a word...then the crowd goes wild, roaring and applause filled the air.
You didn't join them though...instead, you got up from your seat and ran around the rink, trying to get to your friend.
Viktor watched you as you bumped into some of the reporters, slipping the strap of your rifle and dropping it to the ground. Luckily it didn't go off.
Yuri then skated towards you with a big smile on his face.

"(Y-Y/n)! I-I did it! W-Was it great-"

...You jumped into his slender arms...and kissed him, in front of everyone, in front of the press, in front of all the cameras where the whole world can see you two.
Your green beret slips off your head as you and Yuri fell to the floor, your cold body on top of Yuri's warm one.
You then met his brown eyes with your (e/c) ones.

"Yuri...thank you..."

You whispered before resting your head on his chest.
Yuri blushed, then pats your head, lightly placing a kiss upon it.

"No (Y/n)...thank you"