Chapter 7

Please leave a comment if you like this chapter! :) xx

The feeling of betrayal and disappoinment in myself overwhelmed me and I felt the tears starting to build up in my eyes. I couldn't believe that Niall had brought up the one thing he knew would bring me to my knees.

I allowed myself a few minutes before I stood up again, walked up to my bedroom and changed into a pair of Pj pants, a silk linen and one of Niall's old sweatshirts which had become mine after I had convinced him it looked better on me than him.

I walked down to the livingroom where there was five boxes with books waiting for me to be signed. I looked at them and then decided that I wanted to have myself a glas of wine before digging my heels into signing over 500 copies of my new book. I had some red wine left from a night with Livy a few days ago, and I poured it into the biggest glass I could find.

I had just taken a sip when there was a knock on the door. I looked at the time and figured Benjamin had forgotten something and as I walked through the livingroom out to the hallway, I put down the glass on the table in front of the sofa.

I opened the door, ready to see my son and for now most hated ex in the history of exes in front of me, but instead there was Eli. There was something about him, the way he carried himself, the way his dark hair fell down and made perfect little curls, and that smile. I felt like a teenager again and those butterflies I didn't feel with Niall, well they were completely there right now.

"What are you doing here?" I wrapped my sweatshirt closer around my body and Eli smiled,

"Hello to you too, stranger. You're alone?" He asked as he looked in over my shoulder,
"You didn't answer my question, what are you doing here? " I said again and he sighed, "I figured we needed to talk, since we haven't done that and I think Willa is suspicious."

"Suspicious of what?"
"Can I come in, Stella?" I looked at him, then at myself and shrugged my shoulders,

"Fine, but I'm not changing."
He laughed and walked inside, closing the door after him.

I walked into the livingroom with him after me,

"You want a glass of wine?" He shook his head
"No I don't think both of us drinking is a good idea." I shrugged again and sat down in the sofa, one leg up with my glass resting on my knee.

"So what's up?"

He sat down and looked over at the boxes,

"What's that?" I looked over and smiled, taking one of the books up to give to him,

"It's-"
"It's your book! Holy crap, it looks amazing!" It felt incredible to have him say that, I just wanted to throw myself at him but I had a bit more self respect than that.

"Thank you. I have to sign a bunch of them before going on tour next week."
"Right, you're leaving. Are you excited?"
"Well these first dates are only in the UK, but it's going to be an adventure to see all the readers again." I suddenly realized what he was doing,

"But that's not why you came here. What is Willa suspicious about?"

"Right...well thing is, I fucked up."
I was hoping he didn't mean the kiss, but at the same time I was hoping he did mean the kiss.

"I shouldn't have kissed you like that, with the children literally a stone throw away and Willa right there, but you have to know that I'm quite impulsive, I don't like to hold myself back and I felt like I was holding myself back when it came to you."