A Lost Soul

It was like an ordinary day in the Land Of Dead. Darkness and death surrounded the place. Ashes covering the land floor. Bones and skulls scattered around. Reapers lived in the Land. The Reaper Leader gave all the Reapers orders. No one was free, for the Reaper Leader had created his own Laws, known as the Reaper Code.

Reaper Code
Reapers can not be visible to the living
Reapers are not allowed to interact with those who exist in the Land Of Life
Reapers have to follow their Book of Deaths and record the deaths of humans who have recently passed away
Reapers must also collect the souls and memories of those who are at death
Reapers can not kill those who walk without permission or purpose
If any are broken, Reapers will be vanished from the Land Of Dead

Craig Tucker was a reaper who never cared for the code. He didn't even want to be a reaper. The only thing he enjoyed about being a reaper was taking living souls.

-Craig's Pov-
I was walking with Clyde and Token. They were talking about Kenny and how he could be reborn a Reaper and an Angel. It pissed me off. I always wondered how it was like at the Land Of Life. Its probably bright and a lot of happiness. I don't even have anything to do today. I finished collecting all the souls I was assigned to so my work is done.

"I wonder how Kenny does it. Was he like some chosen soul who got to be reborn as both Reaper and Angel?" I heard Clyde say. I rolled my eyes and didn't listen to the rest of the conversation.

"CRAIG! TUCKER! GET OVER HERE!"

Ugh! What now? I had turned and saw that my dad had yelled at me. I probably got in trouble but I don't know and don't care. I teleported over where my dad was. He didn't seem mad.

"Craig, I need you to collect a soul for me. You have to do it or I'll ground you! You hear me?!"

"Yeah Yeah. Just give me the slip and I'll do it." I crossed my arms and obeyed my dad. Once I got the slip, I made a magic circle over to the Living Side. The Living Side was different then the Land Of Life. Its basically the land where those who have a soul roam.

I jumped through the magic circle and found the person. I looked at the slip and saw that the person was going to die from blood loss. I see that this person is crawling on the floor with a trail of blood behind him. He's begging for help. This guy has no luck. I had my scythe behind my neck and wrapped my arms over it. Three minutes left for this guy to die. I waited for awhile but a light shined down from the sky.

"You can't be fucking serious!"

With the light, an angel flew down and landed by the man. I hid before the angel could see me. I can't just let this angel take this guy's soul. That's my soul! I jumped out from my hiding spot and blocked the angel.

"Back off! This is my soul!" I had yelled at the angel.

"Gah! P-please have mercy! I need this soul for the greater good!" The angel shrieked and was shaking of fear.

I looked up at the angel and saw it tearing up. What was wrong with this dude? He kinda looked cute and small. Precious and innocent. His wings were beautiful and looked soft. His hair was bright and spiky. What am I thinking! Shit! I'm interacting with an Angel and there's a minute left for this guy. I put down my scythe and tore up the slip.

"He's yours." I turned away and narrowed my eyes from the sight.

What am I doing! I can't believe I'm letting an Angel go and take a soul from me. If only this guy could actually man up and not just hide away.

The angel kneeled down by the man and put his hands near him. A glow had appeared and the man's heart had stopped. That glow must be his soul. I looked close at the soul and a series of memories had appeared in my head. It took me awhile to process.

"Garod Eswirk, Age 29. Birthday, June 6th, 1988. Time of Death, 12:23 Am. He was married and had two kids. He went out with his friends tonight and got drunk. After done drinking, he was driving and got in a car wreck and started to bleed to death." I shook my head to get back to the real world. I had just realized that the angel was listening.

"W-woah! That's cool! You're a reaper right? Sorry. I didn't take time to notice it at first. Heh. No wonder why you're all dressed like that. I'm Tweek by the way! Nice to meet you!"

Tweek was his name. How is it that he's all jumpy and quick to get scared?

"Erm, nice to meet you too Tweek." I said creeping up a smile.

"If we're giving introductions, well I'm Craig Tucker and um." I stopped for a moment. I couldn't pick up any words. This guy is just so amazed at me. It dumbfounded me.

"Well I'm just Craig, nothing more. Eh...I'm sorry but how is it that you accept to talk to me? We're complete opposites and you don't acknowledge that at all. It surprises me is all I'm trying to say. I am death and you're life. It doesn't scare you one bit?" I asked him, curious what he would say.

"Nope. It does give me a jump when someone would come out and shout at me all of a sudden though. I don't know but something told me to talk to you. It was like we were destined to meet or something. Sounds dumb right?" He smiled chuckling softly.

"Destined to meet...Tsk! Don't give me that bullshit! Sorry but I just don't believe in anything like destinies. I grow up on pain. Pure pain!" I tried my best to shake the Angel off but to my best of knowledge, it didn't work at all. 

"Pain? Oddly enough that doesn't bother me. I'm sure the reaper world is much more different from my own little Angel world. Don't you think so too Craig?" His cheeks softened.

I turned away and crossed my arms. I closed my eyes to pitch black and began hearing all these voices in my head. Wind blowing hard, screams crying 'Craig!', the sight of death. The more I listen, the louder it got.

"F-fine!" I opened my eyes making it all go away. I looked back at the small Tweek as he was much smaller than me. He was confused. Worried for what happened.

"I'll be your friend or whatever you want." I continued.

"Really?" Tweek asked.

"Yeah. just don't make me regret it." I gave a blank face. What else was I suppose to say? Hell below it all, Destiny had it's way.