Chapter Two

Third Person POV

Bruno scooped up Leroy into his arms and ran with him to the car. He found Robbie, Dwaine, and Grant still struggling with the Grimm. She looked like she was gaining the upper hand, despite the fact that she was outnumbered and they had already taken her weapons.

Bruno quickly set Leroy in the back seat of the black sedan before helping with the Grimm. Robbie and the others were just normal humans like most of the 7th Street members, so it didn't surprise Bruno when they were having a tough time restraining the Grimm girl.

She was trying to yell, but Robbie still clasped his hand over her face. The others were trying to hold her still.

Bruno popped open the trunk of the car and pulled out a roll of duct tape. This wasn't his first kidnapping and it wasn't likely to be his last. He didn't want the girl to kick him again - he could already feel his face starting to swell up - so his first move was to wind the roll of tape around her legs a few times. It wasn't easy, and the girl was kicking all over the place, but Bruno eventually succeeded.

Bruno then ripped off another piece of tape and prepared to place it over the girl's face to keep her quiet.

Robbie moved his hand and the Grimm yelled, "Get off!" She still tried to wriggle free and Bruno warned her to stop moving. She didn't listen and responded with a, "Screw you."

Bruno woged and punched her in the face before placing the tape over her mouth. He was being cruel, but he didn't really care. Cruel was a part of his business and he needed to get Roy to the hospital as quickly as possible.

"Help me get her arms," Bruno said. He and the others worked together to pin the girl to the car, hold her wrists, and tape them together.

The Grimm was stronger than any individual there but didn't stand a chance against all four of them. It had taken them less than a minute to completely restrain her.

"Get her in the trunk," Bruno barked. "And hurry." Bruno got into the driver's seat and sped away as soon as everyone was in the car. He was speeding and breaking every traffic law in the book and was lucky he didn't get pulled over. He arrived at the hospital a few minutes later.

Bruno and Robbie went inside together to watch after Roy and the others drove away to put the Grimm somewhere that she would never be found.

*************

Nick ran to his car without explaining what was happening or where he was going with any detail to Adalind. She tried asking him, but his only response was, "It's Trubel."

His tires squealed as he sped out of his garage on his way to downtown. He called Trubel but her phone had been turned off. That wasn't good. Nick decided to call Wu to see if he could trace the phone. Wu was at home and said that he would try to find something, but he probably wouldn't get a specific location and it could take a while. Nick hung up and called Hank.

"Nick? Do you know what time it is?" Hank asked grumpily.

"Hank, I'm sorry. I need your help. Something happened to Trubel," Nick said.

"Where are you?" Hank asked.

"On my way to downtown. Trubel said she was in some alley a few blocks from Union Station. I need help finding her."

"I'm on my way. I'll take everything east of Third Avenue," Hank said.

"Okay, I'll take everything west. I'll call you if I find anything."

The whole time, Nick had been talking impossibly fast and sounded like he was about to have a mental breakdown. He was panicking and definitely didn't want a replay of the time Trubel had been kidnapped by Chavez, or the other time Trubel had been kidnapped by Chavez, or when Trubel had been attacked by the octopus man, or when Trubel had shown up at his loft and collapsed, or when Trubel had been attacked in the hospital...

Why was she always in a dangerous situation?

Nick thought he was going to have a heart attack. Every time something happened to her it scared the crap out of him. He always worried that he was going to be too late.

This time was no different.

He drove quickly, taking in his surroundings and looking for anything suspicious. Eventually, he spotted an alley between two buildings that caught his attention for some reason. He pulled the car over and found pools of blood on the ground. He hoped that they belonged to the Mauvais Dentes and not Trubel.

He called Hank and told him where he was. They were going to come up with a plan to find Trubel. They had to...

*************

Roy's POV

I woke up in the Treeview Hospital.

I would have been worried, but Bruno, Robbie, Dwaine, and Grant were in the room with me. They were making sure that the Crew wouldn't send someone to kill me, and I was grateful for that.

My eyes had just opened and I blinked away the blinding light while groaning slightly to myself. I felt stiff and a little dizzy.

"Roy?" Robbie asked. At least, I thought it was him. It sounded like him. I was a little confused, though...

I looked at the cluster of people. It took me longer than it should have to turn my head in their direction. Everything hurt.

"What's up, guys?"

Bruno laughed. "You scared the crap out of us, dude. We thought you were a goner."

"Yeah," Dwaine added. "Doctor said that if we were any later, you'd be dead."

I remembered them arriving, and I remembered seeing Bruno. I remembered what he did.

"Where's the girl?" I asked.

Bruno and the others didn't answer me. They looked at each other. Some seemed cocky, some looked nervous and embarrassed.

"Look, homes, you don't have to worry about her," Grant said smugly. He was always calling people, "homes." It was kind of his thing. "She's not going to get near you."

"Where's the chick that saved me?" I asked again. I tried to make my voice sound stronger, but it still sounded like I had inhaled two tons of sand. But, I needed an answer.

"She's with us, but she's not here," Bruno said, using 'us' to refer to our gang.

"Why?" I asked. Nothing was really making any sense. I could feel the dull numbness in the back of my head that told me I was on some serious painkillers.

"Dude, relax," Bruno said. "You're alive, alright."

I tried to listen. I was more worked up than I should have been. I needed to rest and heal so I could get back at the sons of bitches that tried to kill me.

"We aren't going to let the Crew get away with this," Bruno said furiously. We were on the same page.