Chapter Twelve

Happy Valentine's Day! <3 TRBL247

Trubel's POV Less than a minute after getting shot.

"Let's get out of here," I heard Andre say. I opened my eyes and saw Nick lying on the ground. Despite the fact that I was wearing heavy body armor, my chest was still killing me. I knew getting shot would freaking hurt. I was just glad that Andre didn't miss because I could have died for real.

Anyway, I would have some serious bruises.

Andre walked over to me. "Good job," he approved. He told Roy to unchain me.

I stood up, groaning a little because of the pain in my chest and the stiffness in every other part of me. "We've got to clean this up," I said, pointing to the red-dyed corn syrup mixture that we used to mimic blood.

"On it," Andre said. I had told him earlier that we would need to clean up our mess. Andre snapped his fingers and pointed to the floor. A few people had rags and bent over the pool of corn syrup, beginning to clean it up. They were fast and had the whole thing cleaned in less than a minute. That was good. I had a feeling that Nick had backup coming soon.

I walked over to Nick and bent down. I pressed my fingers to Nick's wrist and felt a pulse.

"I told you I wouldn't kill him," Andre said, annoyed.

"Just checking. If you did, we would have had a problem," I said coldly.

Andre huffed irritatedly and grabbed my arm to pull me out of the room. "Let's go," he said. I pulled my arm away from him. "Wait," I said. "I need a knife."

Andre looked at me skeptically.

"Just give it to me," I said grumpily.

He pulled a knife out of his pocket. It was my knife that the others had taken from me a few days ago. I took it from him and walked over to the pillar. Andre was starting to look at me like I was crazy. I ignored him, opened my knife, pushed the blade to my skin, and dragged it down my arm. Before I was even done making the cut, my arm was already gushing blood.

I wiped my arm across the pillar and then let my blood drip on the floor until I had a small pool. I used my hand to smear it around so it looked bigger and wiped the extra blood on my shirt. "That should do it," I said. "Alright, let's go. We've gotta get out of here fast."

Andre looked like he was surprised at my dedication.

I quickly walked out of the room and Andre followed me. We piled into a bunch of cars that were parked behind the building and used a car-sized back alley to lower our chances of running into Hank or Wu.

*************

Trubel's POV

I was sandwiched between two guys who, a few hours ago, were beating the crap out of me because I was mouthing off to them. After everything that happened with Nick, we were supposed to be what? Friends?

That's what everyone else thought. I guess I should join the bandwagon if I was interested in staying alive. This sucked, and I couldn't help thinking about how I got here.

I remembered my conversation with Dwaine, and I remembered what happened afterward...

I could hear Dwaine and Andre fighting.

"Dwaine, you're an idiot! She's just trying to save her ass," Andre told him.

"We could use her. I bet she'd work with us, too," Dwaine said.

"She's messing with your head," Andre disagreed. "She wouldn't help us, and we don't need her."

"No one would mess with us if they knew we had a Grimm. You started letting people like them, Wesen, join 7th Street to go up against the North End Crew's Yaguarate. Could you imagine if we had a Grimm? We'd rule the streets!"