Chapter Thirty-Six

Robbie's POV

I was sitting in a chair in the corner, listening to the others gossip. It was ridiculous.

Zach was sitting on the couch with some of the other guys. "Why would Cash want to see Trubel?" He asked, sounding disgusted. "I don't get what's so freaking special about her."

"If you don't think she's any different than the rest of us, why are you holding a grudge against her?" Grant asked. He wasn't sure whose side to take, just like me. Our friends Roy, Dwaine, and more recently Orion started aligning with the new girl. She even started growing on Andre despite that fact that she pissed him off. But most of our other friends were against the Grimm and were set on killing her or getting her killed sometime soon.

Grant and I, being boring humans, only really found common ground with the others that were above the petty Grimm drama.

"What? You're a freaking Grimm-lover now?" Julian hissed.

"Woah, homes. I'm just trying to figure out how this all works," Grant said, sounding offended.

"Yeah, dude, chill out," I defended. "You guys are all the same to us. We don't really see what the big deal is about the Grimm."

"Well, you haven't been hunted down for centuries," Zach growled.

"Yeah, we have!" Grant yelled.

"By who?" Zach hissed.

"By you people!" Grant said. It was true. Grant and I may have only found out about Wesen a few years ago, but that didn't mean we weren't caught up on the basic history of humans mysteriously disappearing in the woods.

Michael, a kind of cat-person called a Klaustreich, was snickering in the corner. He kind of minded his own business and usually only spoke up when he needed something or had something rude to say. "They've got us there!" he laughed. Michael woged so Grant and I could see him. Dwaine, the only other human aside from Andre, was out with Bruno and Marcus looking for Crew members, so he didn't have to deal with this crap.

"You guys taste pretty good," Michael laughed, staring at us with his freaky yellow eyes.

"Oh, shut up," Hunter groaned, rolling his eyes. He was a Weten Ogen. "You haven't eaten anyone."

"Yet," Michael warned, grinning. He took his normal, human-looking shape again, and the fighting continued between the others.

"I'm just saying, she's taking all of the credit for all of our work," Zach finished. "We should just kill her already unless Cash does that job for us."

"Would you all just shut the hell up?" Orion yelled at us. He had been leaning uncomfortably against the counter in the kitchen, listening to the arguments with a conflicted expression on his face.

"Why should we listen to you? You're a Grimm-lover, too," Julian accused.

"No, I'm not, but even if I was, so what?!" Orion snapped. "I'm sick of this crap! I think you all need to grow up and realize that she isn't so bad."

"Didn't you just try to kill her yesterday?" Walter asked. Walter was a Pflichttreue and another one of us who usually stayed out of the drama. I guess he felt like he had a point. I guess, he sort of did, too.

"Yeah. And she kept someone from killing me, despite that," Orion explained.

"She's just playing games with you, man," Zach told him.

He shook his head. "Why would she even bother when she could have just let me die?" he asked. "With zero consequences."

"Because she needs more people on her side so she can kill us," Zach explained.

I decided to speak up at that point. "Couldn't she kill us anyway? With or without Orion's or Roy's help?"

Everyone was quiet for a minute.

"Whatever. She's still a Grimm," Zach stated.

Orion shook his head, angrily this time, and said, "You guys are idiots. Why don't you make yourselves useful for a change and go find some crew members?" He walked away and went down the stairs to the basement.

"I don't know about the other stuff, but I think he's right about doing something," I announced. "What are we still doing here? Let's go tear up Portland."

"I'm down," Michael said, followed by, "Me, too"s from Julian and Walter.

The others had the Fusion, and Andre had the Mustang, so we were left with the Plymouth Barracuda. It wasn't the kind of car that blended in, so whatever we did we would have to do it carefully so we wouldn't get caught.