||2||

Lyn's POV

    Once I got home, Damien greeted me with big sloppy dog kisses as always. I decided to eat some pasta until there was a knock on the door. I got up but Damien growled loudly. "Calm down, Damien." I opened the door and there stood Richie, but.. without glasses. He was wearing a suit and was holding my favourite flowers, blue poppies. I backed up in horror, my face squishing in fear. His voice was deep and different. That wasn't Richie. "Lyn, I love you. Spend the rest of your life with me, huhuh!" The thing laughed, his eyes turning yellow. "Don't you love me, Lynno?" "Get away!" I screamed, slamming the door shut. I grabbed my glasses off the table, and ran out the back door. Damien followed me, having ceased the growling once I ran. I ran to Eddie's house. All the memories flooded back as I ran to Eddie's home.

    She slapped my dad in the face, then punched me in the arm. "I can't believe how long I put up with you and that little mistake!" "You can talk about me all you want, but if you don't want to call her your daughter, then I'll call her mine. Do not call her a mistake!" My dad yelled, throwing her bags at her violently, "Get out of my house!" My mother flipped us off, took her bags, and left. I hadn't seen her since that. I was only nine. "Baby girl, we need to talk." My dad motioned me over. I was crying and rubbing my arm. "Don't ever fall in love, sweetie.. because this could happen to you. I don't want your heart breaking like this, not ever again. Don't fall in love." I nodded, promising to never fall in love. I've been scared of love ever since. Fear of love turning into hatred mostly, but it involved anything with love and commitment. 

    I walked up, my eyes being covered in tear stains with Damien walking with me. Richie, Eddie, and Bill came out after a few seconds, Eddie yelling into the doorway, "Sorry, mommy!" "Woah, L-L-L-Lyn, what happened t-to you?" Bill looked at me confused. Richie's stare turned to me, he looked different. I ran from my house to Eddie's in like, eight minutes, so he didn't have time to change that quickly. "N-n-nothing." I stuttered out. I shivered in fear, Richie opening his arms, "Best friend hug?" I looked up and hesitated, but took the offer considering I looked a mess. 

    I rode on the back of Richie's bike. The boys told me they'd changed their minds and were headed to the sewers. I decided to follow, as Damien ran after the group on their bikes. 

    We let our bikes fall down, Stan lifting the bar down to make his stand. "That's poison ivy, that's poison ivy, and-" "Stanley, calm down. Not ever plant is poisonous. Live a little!" I smiled, Damien sitting guard outside the sewers. Richie pet him as Damien licked his hand. Richie, Bill and I walked into the sewers, Damien loyally watching our surroundings. "Well, I'm starting to get itchy now, and-" "Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" Eddie hesitated, "Sometimes, yeah." "Then you probably have crabs." "That is so not funny." I giggled as Richie nudged my shoulder, "She thought it was." There was silence for a moment, until Richie turned back. My gaze followed as he spoke, "Aren't you guys coming in?" "Nuh-uh, that's greywater." "What's greywater?" "It's waste from your body." I replied, "Germs, basically. Which Eddie Spaghetti isn't fond of." "Exactly." He gestured to me. "You guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee." Richie picked up a stick and smelled it, "Are- Are you serious?" "Doesn't smell like caca to me, Señor." I giggled, trying to shove the stick against him. He was about to slap me with it, when I covered my face, my bad arm in front. "Okay, I-I can smell that from here." "Probably just your breath wafting back into your face." Richie made a motion with his hand. "Have you ever heard of a staph infection?" "Oh, I'll show you a staph infection!" He held his stick up as Eddie continued to rant "That's so unsanitary, these- you guys are literally swimming around in a giant toilet bowl right now!" Richie picked up some type of bag on the stick and threw it at Eddie. Ed's squealed in disgust, then went straight back to the rant. "Are you retarded?! You're the reason we're in this situation-" "Guys!" Bill shouted. Richie let his stick fall, my head yanking back, and Damien whimpered, the poor dog hated yelling. Bill was holding a shoe up. Stan asked in a scratchy voice, "Shit, don't tell me that's-" "No, Georgie wore galoshes..." I sighed in relief, then tensed back up, "Who's shoe, then?" I walked over, my boots splashing some disgusting water up. "Betty Ripsom's," Richie held a flashlight over the shoe. "I don't like this," Eddie huffed out in worry. "How do you think Betty feels? Hoppin' 'round these sewers with only one freakin' shoe!" I nudged Richie, glaring at him. He lowered his head apologetically. "What if she's still here?" "Then we find her." I started to walk farther, my good hand holding my flashlight up. Damien started growling. "What is it, bud?" I looked back at my dog. "See, Lyn's dog has more sense than you guys do!" Eddie threw his hand towards my dog. "Just come on, Eddie." "My mom will have an aneurysm if she finds out we were down here, I'm serious! Bill?" "If I was Betty, I would want us to find her. G-G-G-Georgie, too." "What if I don't want to find them?" "Eddie, how could-" "No offense, to any of you, especially Bill, but I don't wanna end up like G-" Bills face dropped into sadness, "I don't wanna go missing either." "He has a point." "You too?" "It's summer! We're supposed to be having fun. This isn't fun! This is scary and disgusting-" There was a loud splash from the creek. We all rushed out as Damien got up and ran over to the boy, "Holy sh-" Richie started, but I cut him off, "Damien, good boy! Get him, hurry buddy!" Damien grabbed the boy out of the water and helped him over to us.