||7||

Lyn's POV

    We walked down the trail in the field towards the town, a train passing in the distance. "Thanks guys, but you shouldn't have done that. He'll be after you now." "Oh, Bowers? He's already after us." "I guess th-th-that's one thing in common we have." "Yeah, homeschool! Welcome to the loser's club."

    We were in town as Richie tried playing this guy's tuba. I stood beside him as he quickly handed it to me before the guy could take it back. I played some bad notes as the guy took it from me. Richie yelled at the guy and grabbed my hand, walking me over to where the group was. Eddie had come back with some ice cream, handing a cone to Richie. He offered me some as I licked a bite off, some getting off my nose. Richie licked it off my nose as my face went pink. "Richiee! Gross!" I whined. He chuckled and ate some more, letting go of my hand. "What're you guys talking about?" "What they always talk about." "I actually think it will end, for a little while at least." "What do you mean?" "So I was going through all my Derry research, and I charted out all the big events. The Ironworks explosion in 1908, the Bradley Gang in '35, the Black Spot in '62. And now kids being... I realized this stuff seems to happen every 27 yea-" "Every 27 years." Bill and Ben said at the same time. 

    I sat by Richie quietly and listened to their conversation. Damien was sat on the ground beside me as I pet him quietly. "Okay, so let me get this straight. IT comes out every 27 years to eat kids for like, a year, then what? IT just goes into hibernation?" "Maybe it's like... What do you call them? Cicadas, those bugs that come out every 17 years." "My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. He says that all the bad things that's happened in this town are caused by one thing. An evil thing that feeds on the people of Derry." "But it can't be one thing, we all saw something different." "Maybe, or maybe IT knows what scares us most and that's what we see." "I-I saw a leper." "But you didn't. Because IT isn't real. None of this is. Not Eddie's leper, or Bill seeing Georgie, or the woman I keep seeing." "Is she hot?" "Richie!" I shoved him as he scoffed, ruffling my hair and taking my glasses. "No, Richie. She's not hot! Her face is all messed up. None of this makes any sense! They're all like bad dreams." "I don't think so, I know the difference between a bad dream and real life, okay?" "What'd you see? You saw something, too?" "Yes. You guys know that burnt down house on Harris Avenue? Well, I was inside when it burnt down. Before I was rescued, my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over. They were pushing and pounding on the door trying to get to me. But it was too hot. When the firemen finally found them, the skin on their hands had melted down to the bone. We're all afraid of something." "Got that right." "Why, Rich? What are you and Lyn afraid of?" "Clowns." Richie replied. I hesitated a moment...

    "Love."