||11||

Lyn's POV

    The rest of the summer we didn't do much. My arm was still broken, and yes, by the way, it was the arm with my CTS. Maybe my CTS will have gone away once my arm heals from the broken bone. Anyways, Richie and I had gone to the arcade and hung out a lot, and we mostly hung out with Stan as well. It was just the three of us. We decided we'd grow up together, since us three were the closest out of the old group and had managed to stay together. We attended Stan's bar mitzvah, too. I sat with the Toziers since my dad had to work a lot this summer in order to keep me alive, basically. I wondered what the others were doing. I kind of missed them. When Richie, Stan, and I weren't hanging out, however, I'd pay visits to Mike and Ben. Their names were still etched into my cast, so it was nice enough for me to visit. Ben spent most of his time at the library, and I had seen innocent Mike kill many sheep. Poor boy, I knew it mortified him that he had to do that. I shrugged all the memories of the summer off, as there was more to come.

    Richie and I were at the arcade. Richie smashed the game panel, while I softly cheered him on. "Let all your anger out in the character, good! This is better than physical violence." I pat his shoulder. "Thanks, Lyn." "Richie!" I heard a yell. I looked over to see Bill bust through the doorway. "What do you want?!" Richie kept smashing the buttons. "You see this guy? I'm pretending it's you." "I-I-I-It got Beverly." "What are you talking about?" He didn't look up. My attention turned towards Bill. "It, Richie. It got Beverly." He stopped the game, looking over. We exchanged a doomed glance.

    I had ran out of the arcade, leaving Richie and Bill behind. Richie yelled after me, but I shrugged it off. I rode my bike to the house on Neibolt. By myself.

    Once inside, I went to the door the clown had retreated in. Once downstairs, I saw the well. I looked around, and noticed a rope. I grabbed it and lowered it down. I know, I know. I had ran off when Bev and Bill were the only ones who wanted to fight it. I didn't want to, but Beverly was like a sister to me. I cared too much to let that demon hurt her. I wasn't scared of it, though. Not anymore. It haunted my thoughts every night, and I've learned to not be afraid of it. I had also realized I had fallen to really like Richie, possibly love. It still scared me, but I couldn't stop my feelings. He wasn't my mom, anyways. He couldn't hurt me like my mother did. I climbed down and entered a hole in the side of the well. I crawled in and into the tunnels.

    Soon enough, I was in a large, large room. There was a pile of clothes, toys, belongings of children who'd gone missing over the years. I looked to the top and saw a circle of floating corpses and bodies. They were floating. I looked around and noticed a puddle of sewage, and across the puddle lay Bev. "Beverly!" I whisper shouted, running over to her. I nudged her violently, as she woke up. "Run, now, go!" I shoved her a bit. She stumbled around a bit, and I showed her the way I came from. She fell into the puddle, and I splashed my feet through to help her. "Beverly, come on, we have to go." I looked around, then ahead of us. Bev's gave fell with mine, and we saw a large sign that read 'Pennywise the Dancing Clown.' She ran for the door that I came from, but it had latched shut. It was stuck, now. We both yanked on the door, until we heard a morphed voice. "Step right up, Beverly and Delyn! Step right up!" We both looked over at the large clown sign. "Come change, come float! You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll cheer, you'll die." I felt no fear. I didn't care if this thing got me, but if it got Bev, it would pay. There was jack-in-the-box music, as the voice kept speaking. "Introducing, Pennywise! The dancing clown!" It started laughing maniacally. The sign fell to the floor, showing a fire-y room like area beneath it. There was an explosion of fireworks, then deformed circus music. It stood quietly for a moment under the music, then started doing a strange dance. Bev and I started looking for an exit while the clown danced, and suddenly, we both bolted for it. The clown jumped out when we got close enough, and I shoved Beverly away. "Go, Bev, run!" "No!" "Now!" I screamed, as the clown cut me off quickly by grasping my neck. I gasped for air and saw Beverly run into the opened hatch. "I'm not scared of you. Nor Richie liking me. I'm not scared of anything." The clown smiled, then sniffed me. He suddenly had a disappointed look on his face, but smirked demonically once more. "You will be." Suddenly, his mouth showed sharp teeth. His face peeled back to show gums with rows and rows of tiny sharp leach-like teeth. There were three glowing dots in the back of his throat. My vision got blurry, then everything started going into tunnel vision, until I couldn't see anything. I tried screaming for help, but I couldn't speak. I felt no ground around me. Nothing was around me, except air. I was floating. I soon couldn't hear, couldn't taste, couldn't feel. Then, I felt like everything left. I felt like I died.

     I couldn't even feel like I died anymore, but I could see a bright light. It showed us, as adults. I saw a ring on my finger, that matched one on Richie's hand. We had to come back and fight the clown. It was still around. It had been twenty seven years from now, and we had all come back to fight it again. Every one of us had a family, but we had to leave them behind to finish the job. As adults, we were ready.