C2: Tell Me The Bleachers Know Secrets.

// • • • \\

L.J wouldn't stop staring at me. That was her way of trying to get me to spill my whereabouts of last night or information of any kind. Usually this works, but I could never tell her about Eric and me. He wasn't ready for people to know how he felt about me.

That didn't mean I couldn't know how he felt... right?

"You got in pretty late last night, way past curfew," L.J finally stopped staring long enough to pour herself a bowl of cereal and ask me a question.

I go, "It happens L.J,"

L.J was short for Lyra Jane, but ever since I could remember she had us call her L.J because she hated her real name.

"Yeah it happens," She glared twisting the top of the milk off. "But, not for goody two shoes like my dear brother,"

I bit down on my lip. She was right though. I never missed curfew and I wouldn't have last night either. Well, if I didn't spend hours sitting in front of the house contemplating if Eric loved me or not. I had to admit I was driving myself crazy.

"I was just uh—," My mind raced for an excuse that she would buy and drop the whole conversation. "At the school!" I surprised myself with how enthusiastic I sounded.

L.J carefully lifted her spoon full of Cheerios into her mouth, again with the staring.

"I was at the school on the field," I continued with the lie hoping she'd buy it and leave me be.

Her strong ensemble soon faded once the sentence left my mouth. She was laughing.

How rude.

"You?!" She laughed and I wished a few Cheerios decided to go down the wrong pipe. "What were you doing on the field? Braking a nail?"

I scoffed.

"I believe you're the girl between us,"

L.J rolled her eyes before chucking an abandoned Cheerio at me.

"If you must know I was at the track section of the field, I was practicing," I smiled knowing this would reel her in real good.

"No way!" She screeched jumping up from the kitchen table. "You're finally going to give track a try?"

I shrugged and she whacked me on my shoulder.

"Do you know how long I've wanted for us to do this together?" Her brown eyes growing bigger than they already were. She bounced around on her feet like a child getting everything on their Christmas list. Her bob length curly hair bouncing right along with her. She looked like something out of a cartoon.

"Does track still meet at the same time as football practice?" I questioned rubbing my poor shoulder, but I knew I was going to get hit sooner or later. L.J was more of the body to body contact person between us.

"Sadly, yes," She frowned then quickly held her hands up towards me. "Listen, I know you hate those football jerks, but they won't bother us I promise,"

I kept quiet. I had to pull off the lie of me actually thinking about joining or not.

"You have been asking me for about two years now," I added not wanting to crush L.J's heart. "I guess I'll give it a try,"

"EEEEEP!" She screamed jumping into my arms. "I love you, I love you, I love you!"

Well at least someone does.

"What's all the commotion?" My mother asked once she entered the kitchen, her briefcase in hand and her hair slicked back into its famous attorney low bun.