C5: Tell Me You're Not Jealous.

//•••\\

I spent the whole weekend hunched over my bathroom toilet barfing up the many cups of alcohol I drank. L.J did her best to make my bathroom stay comfortable as she brung me painkillers, blankets and whatever food I could hold down.

What would I do without her?

I still wore shades to school Monday. L.J claimed I was being over dramatic, she would be the one to know, but I wasn't. My eyes burned in the sun. I think I drunk two pitchers and a half of that stuff. Nobody warned me of how strong it was, and what the aftermath would be.

Had a pocket full of painkillers and a handy dandy water bottle. I lied to my mom and said I had caught some nasty stomach virus, and she bought it.

Walking into my first period which was Mandarin I let out a hefty sigh. Why was everybody so loud?

Taking a random seat in the far back of the class, so I wouldn't be bothered or called on I leaned myself against the wall. Mrs. Wong never even looked at the back of the class, because she knew only the screw ups sat back here. The kids who decided their purpose of coming to school is to make every teachers life a living hell.

"Damn what happened to you?" Avery popped up in front of the desk. Her hair was done as usual. Cascading like waterfalls down her back.

"I think I drank so much I infected both livers and turned myself into a vampire," I told her without a doubt in my mind that it wasn't true.

Sitting down next to me she opened her backpack and pulled out her mandarin notes. "You can't become a vampire by drinking alcohol,"

I scoffed. "So fuck my livers huh?" I crack a smile.

"Something like that," she smiled back causing her cheeks to become perfect circles. They always bubbled up when she smiled or laughed and it was super adorable.

I groaned in my seat.

Avery began writing stuff down from the board as Mrs. Wong wrote them down.

"So what happened with you and Shawn Palaski?" Avery blurted, and knowing her I knew that was the first question she wanted to ask. "I saw you two talking at the party Friday and L.J said you guys hit it off at track,"

"You know you don't have to say his last name all the time right?" I put in.

Rolling her eyes Avery continued. "I was going to blow your phone up over the weekend, but you were probably up to your knees in throw up,"

"Don't remind me," I wince as I hold my stomach.

Speaking of mister Shawn Palaski, he walked right into the class. I couldn't stop Avery in time before she waved him over to the empty seat next to us.

"Don't think this conversation is over," she glared at me before Shawn got to the seat.

"Why are we in the back today?" He asked gliding into the chair and slipping his backpack off of his shoulder.

"Darren is still feeling a bit hungover," Avery answered for the both of us. "Didn't feel like being called on I'm guessing,"

Shawn nodded his head and all I was thinking is that I hope he didn't ask me where I disappeared to on Friday. Oh me? I just followed my boyfriend, caught him in a lie, and left him high and dry against the wall near Avery's back door. You know? Nothing too spectacular. Oh and my boyfriend? It's Eric Lowe.

I wish.

"So are you two hitting it off?" Avery asked while keeping her eyes glued to her notebook, because she knew if she looked at me the death glare would shine even through the sunglasses.