C13: Tell Me What Did I Do?

//•••\\

Getting up at 7a.m on a Sunday just to be on time for a track race that started at 10a.m was beyond me. I was on L.J's schedule and she took this stuff very serious.

I had to be down for breakfast by 7:30 finished with breakfast at 7:50 and out the door by 8. We had to ride the team bus to where the event was being held and according to L.J it takes about an hour and a half.

Great.

When the bus was filled and we were ready to go I decided to sit in the very back so I could catch some more Z's without anyone bothering me. Leaning my head against the window I tried really hard to fall asleep. My mind had other plans though. All I could think about was Friday and how much I wanted to evaporate from planet earth.

Eric knew I had went out with Shawn, and he didn't believe me when I said my phone had been on airplane mode. He wouldn't talk to me and I didn't know how to change his mind. He was hurting I could tell, he believes I chose Shawn over him.

"I knew I'd find you back here," L.J's head popped up in the seat in front of me. She had her hair French braided in two with her black headband finishing the look. When she walked out the door this morning she had on a hat. When did she have time to do her hair?

I groaned.

"You okay?" She asked rubbing the top of my head like I was a small child. "You've been down more than usual lately,"

Moving my head quickly to the right so that her hand would fall off of me I looked up at her with a tad bit of annoyance. She always noticed things about me even when I didn't want her to. She could tell me my emotions before I knew them my damn self.

Annoying right? Ugh.

"I'm fine," I roll my eyes. "Just want this day to be over with,"

She was about to say something but immediately shut her mouth.

That's weird. L.J always said everything that came to her mind which more than often got her into trouble.

"Care to share the thoughts in your head?" I ask.

"Care to share yours?" She shot back with more attitude than I expected catching me completely off guard. She frowned before getting up from the seat and walking towards the front of the bus where most of the other students were.

What was wrong with her? God, I can't ever win. Somebody is always mad at me, and I might be adding another person to the list.

Shawn didn't take the bus to games. He informed me that he usually arrived earlier than us to practice in solitude. That meant he got up even earlier. That's enough to send shivers down my spine.

I wish my parents would up and move us to like California or New York so I could avoid the mess I made here all together. I'd even settle for boring Utah at this point.

When we arrived at where the game was being held to say I didn't want to participate was an understatement.

Not to brag but I'm sure we could beat the competition with our legs tied together. They looked so weak, they didn't need me.

But the way Dodge was staring me down at how slow I was walking told me I was going to be doing something anyway.

"You're long jumping today so I advise you to lift your spirits!" Dodge said as he passed by me in a hurry.