C15: Tell Me This Is Hard.

//•••\\

For the first time in a long while, I had a good nights sleep. Once I got into bed it was lights out because I didn't have a million things running through my mind. That was great considering it had gotten to the point where over-thinking was literally going to kill me.

My conversation with Eric was very eye-opening. I definitely knew what I needed to do.

Things between Shawn and I had to end. Yeah, Simple as that. I might like him but it was total infatuation and that passes..... right? I was ready for Eric, I've always been.... don't think I ever stopped. He just needs to see that Shawn and I are friends and that's all.

When I got into first period Avery and Shawn were already at our designated seats in the front of the class. I didn't know why they didn't sit in the back since we had a substitute today.

"Hey guys," I greet sliding in my seat beside Avery who grunted in response. I forgot her and L.J disliked me.

"Avery was just telling me to keep you talking so you won't talk to her," Shawn spoke up earning him a slap on the arm from Avery who looked betrayed.

"Thanks for that," she rolled her eyes then went back to scribbling nonsense into her notebook.

"That's fine," I nod. "Don't mind her, she and L.J can't stand me for some apparent reason and neither will tell me why,"

Avery gave me the side eye but still kept quiet.

"Anyway," Shawn said ignoring the idiotic 'fight' between Avery and me. "Since we have a sub do you want to ditch? I've got something cool to show you,"

"That sounds better than sitting here and having Avery side eye me to death," I grin waving my hand over her notebook so she'd mess up what she was drawing.

Instead of the fun, playful reaction I had hoped from Avery she quickly gathered her things and left the classroom. Really? What did I do that was this bad? Sooner or later one of them had to spill the beans or I was going to drive myself insane trying to figure out what it was.

Wracking my brain on what could I have done I kept coming up empty. I did nothing.

"That's intense," Shawn said standing up and so did I.

The sub didn't care about anyone leaving because honestly half the class was gone.

"So what do you have to show me that's so cool?" I ask once we were in the hallway.

"Okay I might have undermined the whole cool thing because you might think it's the best thing ever," he said with a smirk. "Me on the other hand not so much but it's in my locker so this way," he said grabbing my hand and pulling me in the opposite direction we were just walking in.

Hmm. "Now I'm curious,"

"So you weren't curious before?" Shawn let out a fake gasp.

I laugh lightly. "No, you're not much of an interesting person," I mock.

"Now you're not going to be able to participate in the activity," he spoke just as we reached his locker and it took him little time to unlock it.