C11: Tell Me We're Over.

The pic is of Darren (Dylan) with his hair up, he's so cute I can't.

//•••\\

When Friday finally came I still hadn't received a call or a text or anything from Eric. He stopped coming to lunch, and confronting him was totally not an option. We saw how well that worked out when I went to his house.

Emily keeps talking to me though. I guess she thinks we're friends now and I'm not too mad about that. I trick her into telling me how Eric is doing what his attitude has been lately. According to her he's been fine, but I couldn't fully trust her judgement. Nobody could read him better than I could. But I can't read him if I don't see him!

Even after track and football practice ends he goes immediately home to shower. Risking smelling up his car just so he won't see me.

He still had to when the game started to tell me to come. Avery's a cheerleader so I usually sit front row near where they gather which also meant I had a clear view of Eric and when he got benched, which was really unfairly rare, I could hype him up.

"Are you okay?" Shawn asked waving his hand in front of my face.

I was biting off my finger nails so much they were literal stubs now. Taking my hand away from my mouth I shoved them into my jean pockets.

"Oh don't mind me I'm just a little nervous about my test next period, I haven't studied," I said and it wasn't a lie, well it wasn't a full lie. I did have a test next period and I didn't study for it, but I wasn't nervous.

"You nervous? About a test?" He laughed. "Pigs must be able to fly now,"

"Haha," I say rolling my eyes. The only reason we were back friends after I ignored him is that I told him the kiss spooked me, which it did.

"By the way are you sure Avery will understand that you're missing the game tonight? You're always at every football game cheering her on," he asked completely clueless of the real reason I went to every game.

"She'll understand," I said taking a French fry off of his lunch tray. We were waiting for L.J and Avery to show up. I've been proud of them this week,not including Avery's little kiss fiasco, for not putting their noses where it doesn't belong. They haven't pestered me about Shawn at all. A true glow up.

Speaking of my two dearest girls they were coming to sit with us as we speak.

"But that's really weird don't you think?" Avery said to L.J as she sat down. "Logan said Eric has been acting like a bigger ass than him lately,"

I gulped.

"Yeah in art class today he blew off the lesson and when Ms. Pine tried talking to him he basically said fuck her," L.J added.

"I wonder what's up with him," Avery says also taking a French fry from Shawn's plate.

"What if he's nervous about the game," Shawn spoke up. "Isn't this like the first one of the season?"

L.J nodded. "You're right,"

"I personally think it's something else!" Avery professed. "A game doesn't get him that cranky,"

"You know his dad is the coach right?" I chime in trying to get Avery to back off before she started snooping and find out something I didn't want her to. "Probably a lot of pressure,"

"Another valid point," L.J said. "He's just too hot to be stressing if you ask me,"

I flinched. Well, it was more of a cringe. Avery thinking Eric was hot was one thing but L.J too? Somebody shoot me.