C6: Tell Me Is That A Great Idea?

//•••\\

I spent the rest of the school day avoiding L.J. I did it for my survival considering I hadn't come up with a good enough lie to tell her why I wouldn't be going to track. It was my second meet ever and she'd never let me miss it.

The lies I did think of were so beneath L.J she'd be offended if I presented them to her. Like, "oh debate is really important right now" or "I need to catch up on some work I missed". 

I knew I could get off with the debate teacher, because he was a total sucker. A simple "my stomach wasn't feeling too good" would get me a nice pass.

Waiting for Eric to shoot me the "go" text was exhausting. Henry had soccer practice after school and their dad was a volunteer coach. Seemed like the only thing that man could do was coach.

Also, my neck was beginning to cramp from crouching so low in my car so L.J wouldn't spot me. I was still in the schools parking lot, because waiting outside of Eric's seemed creepy.

tap, tap.

I nearly broke my neck at how fast I looked up at my car window. Someone was knocking on it and clearly they could see me.

"Darren?" The intruder called my name. "You can hide, but you can't hide that lions mane!"

Damnit.

Crawling into the seat I sighed. The intruder was Shawn and I just knew L.J sent him to find me.

Rolling down the driver seat window I gave him my best fake smile.

"I was just looking for my phone," I lied.

"Your phone is in your hand," he raised a eyebrow and I mentally cursed myself.

"Yeah, cause I found it duh," I awkwardly coughed directly my eyes to the steering wheel before returning them to his gaze.

"I'm on Darren patrol actually," he informed me. "L.J says you have five minutes to be in uniform and in her face before she breaks yours,"

A bunch of scenarios ran through my mind. Could L.J actually break my face? With enough anger and force I wouldn't put it pass her. How would she do it? With a rock or a boulder? Her own fists? Maybe if I just call the cops now....

"I can't come to the meet," I blurted. "But, please tell L.J you didn't see me,"

Resting his hands against  the car door he tilted his head a little to the left, trying to block the sun from blinding him. But it still shined onto his eyes. They were still the same baby blue, but in the sun they looked like the perfect cloudless sky blue. It was actually sickening how Prince Charming they were. It sent shivers down my spine, because I felt disgusting for admiring them.

"Are you okay?" Was the first thing he asked.

"Perfect," I answered quick with an informative head nod not sure if I was talking about those blue eyes of his or myself.

He let out a small "hmph" before releasing his hands from the car.

"So does this mean you are doing something later?"

I forgot that he had even asked me. I had to think fast, because if that news got back to Avery or L.J they'd grill me with questions.

"I'm not doing anything tomorrow," I give him a smile.