C21: Tell Me We're Official.

//•••\\

Telling by how everyone was huddled in different groups away from me I could tell that they were still mad. It had been a full 6 hours and they still hadn't gotten over me landing us all in detention. Technically it was all L.J's fault, but let's not name names. Shawn, Logan and Eric were near the back of the room, claiming that territory as their own, Avery and L.J sat dead center and scoffed when I tried sitting next to them. I reluctantly had to sit in the very first row near a guy who reeked of stale cigarettes and was busy doodling vaginas on the desk.

We were told we had to be here for 3 hours and 35 minutes,the extra 35 minutes was adding here was a security guard stationed outside the door like we were inmates and I could already feel my skin starting to melt. I've never been in the detention room before so when people called it a death trap due to the heat I always thought they were exaggerating. But this was no Joke, I found myself taking off my sweater within the first 20 minutes leaving me in my all white tank top.

Peeking behind me I saw Avery and L.J playing tic tac toe on a loose sheet of paper since we had to give the dean our phones. Avery had her long black hair in a bun on the top of her head probably so that random strands wouldn't stick to her sweaty body, meanwhile L.J had wrapped her hair in a head scarf.  Shawn was cleaning dirt off of his shoes while Logan was listening to music on his second cellphone because in his eyes everyone needed at least two phones. His first one got confiscated so out popped his backup!

Eric was staring blankly at the ceiling with his hands behind his head and his feet laying on top of the desk. He looked lost in thought.

I felt left out. Everyone was talking to each other but they wouldn't even look in my direction.

"Hey," I said reaching my hand out to tap the vagina drawer on the shoulder. He had to talk to me.

Quickly covering the desk with his forearms he turned his attention to me. "Yes,"

"What are you in for?" I say remembering that's a line from every prison movie I've ever watched. People had to know those things so they could connect and who knows maybe this guy can be my detention friend.

"I'm just here to vandalize shit," He shrugged bending down to his book bag and unzipping it to show me the cans of spay paint he had in it. "You want in?"

Shaking my head I wanted no involvement in something that could potentially get me expelled from school.

"Your lost," He sucked his teeth before closing his bag.

Scooting a inch or two away from him so that there was no possible way that any of my fingerprints or clothing fibers could be on anything that belonged to him. I was not going down with him.

Sighing I decided to peek behind me again and I caught sight of Eric and L.J talking intensively in the corner of the room. They were out of ear shot from everyone so I couldn't even try to move close and eavesdrop without making it obvious.

Quickly getting up from my seat I took L.J's old spot next to Avery who was too hot to even express her dislike for me. She sat with her head against the desk fanning her face with the tic tac toe paper.

"What is she talking to him about?" I whispered not taking my eyes off of them as I repeatedly tapped Avery until she answered.

Sitting up in her seat she gave me the middle finger before responding. "It's about you obviously,"

"That's what I'm afraid of," I gulped suddenly the room got a billion times hotter than it already was. I was totally going to die in here.

"What's all the whispering," Shawn asked pulling up a seat next to me.