C8: Tell Me I Have A Conscience.

//•••\\

"I can't do it," I blurt out so fast I didn't even think Eric had the chance to breathe.

We were both in the costume closet of the auditorium. The debate meetings were always held in the auditorium so we could get a feel for the stage and so I made this my little spot for when Eric decided to visit me. It was actually way bigger than a costume closet needed to be. I always thought it was an abandoned classroom or something.

"Shawn genuinely likes me and I'm not that much of an ass to lead him on like this," I frowned shoving my hands into my jean pockets. "I just can't,"

Eric let out a small sigh. "I figured you'd say that by the panicky texts you sent me last night,"

"I was overwhelmed with guilt!" I defend myself.

Eric smirked playfully before pulling me close to him.

"I still have to go out with him again," I pouted taking my hands from my pocket and wrapping them around Eric's torso.

"Huh?"

"L.J and Avery couldn't get anything out of me about what Shawn and I did because I was 100% sure I'd slip up and say something I wasn't supposed to, so they bombarded him instead he told them he was taking me on an official date," I said looking up at him and his now knitted together eyebrows, he didn't seem to sure about this.

Staying quiet although I knew he wanted to say something Eric gave me a weak ass half smile.

It was so easy to read him, he really needed to work on that.

"It won't be anything special trust me," I add puckering up my lips so he could kiss me and he obliged without a second thought. It might've only been a peck but it was sweet and soft still enough to turn me into goo.

"I think I'm going to talk to my dad one on one before I decide to come out to the whole school," Eric said walking away from me so he could take a seat on the large table the room had. See way too big to be a costume closet, what costume closet needed a big ass office sized table? "He'd kill me three more times if he found out at the same time as everyone else,"

Following him to the table I sat beside him. "That's the rational thing to do, it took me a whole three weeks before I told my parents after telling L.J,"

He leaned his head on my shoulder and entwined his arm with mine.

"I just really want to make you happy," He whispered catching me off guard he never got soft and mushy with me unless I had to literally force it out of him.

"I am happy," I reassure him with a quick arm squeeze.

He began playing with the zipper of my jacket like a little kid. "No I mean like happy happy and me coming out will make you happy happy so I'm really trying,"

Rubbing my hand down the small of his back I frowned.

"I don't want you to come out to make me happy I want you to come out to make you happy," I say in complete truthfulness.

"Me making you happy is gonna make me happy," He smiled moving his head from my shoulder to my lap so that he was laying on the table his feet dangling off the side.

"Okay Eric," I say rolling my eyes. "I think the word happy can go into retirement now,"

He chuckled before pulling me down so our lips connected and this time it wasn't just a quick kiss, our lips were completely in sync. I couldn't help but let my hands run free gently tugging at the ends of his hair and traveling inside his shirt so I could feel those wonderful pecs of his.

He moaned at my touch and that's when I had to stop before things got real hot and heavy in this damn coat room.

Pulling myself away from him I sat up straight with the biggest smile. He didn't want me to stop and it showed on his face. Again, he really needed to work on masking his emotions.

"So they really don't come looking for you huh?" Eric asks biting on his bottom lip.

"Oh no they look for me, they just don't ever check here," I say referring to the debate team members. "Speaking of them I should really get back out there, I missed the last meet because of you,"

"You don't even do anything," He pointed out.

"Okay rude," I click my tongue as I slid from underneath him. "I debate with them during the finals so they can actually win duh, why waste my brilliant brain on basic games between these dumb rival schools?"

Walking towards the door I was stopped in my tracks as Eric grabbed me by the arm.

"Were you really gonna walk out that door before kissing me?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe I don't want to kiss you," I say with a self-satisfied smirk.

He didn't like that answer.

Standing up and shoving me against the wall his left hand found it's way around my waist while the other the planted against the costume rack next to us. He was just about to kiss me as I heard the doorknob begin to jingle.

Acting fast I did the first thing that came to my mind: I shoved him. I shoved Eric right into the huge rack of costumes and it actually hid his body quite nicely.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you," I heard Eric angrily fume underneath the pile of costumes that had toppled onto him.

"Ssh!" I whisper just as the door flew open and in walked a member of the team who liked to call himself 'The Cool D' d stood for debater and I kind of went with it since I couldn't bother learning his actual name. He sorta hated me for half-assing everything I did here but still getting praised by the other members.

"I knew I'd find you! he pointed his fat finger at me. "Are you hiding in here Darren is this where you run off to?"

I gulped praying Eric didn't make a sound because this guy was not the one to keep his mouth closed about anything. Especially pertaining to me.

"You caught me haha!" I say sarcastically mad that he had found Eric and I's little spot meaning we had to find a new one.

He looked me over and even cased out the room before continuing on with whatever he needed to say.

"Ms. Langely wants you front and center now," He still kept that finger pointed in my direction. I could feel the pizza grease jumping off of it and onto me.

"I'll be out in a minute-"

"Now!" He yelled. "She wants you now," He cleared his throat.

Lifting my hands up in surrender I nodded reluctantly as I followed behind him. Eric was totally still gonna kill me even if this was for him. He'd thank me then probably thump my forehead I could already feel the pain from it.

"Okay bye costume closet, see you later costume closet," I say into the room before turning off the light and closing the door. Let's just hope Eric was smart enough to connect the dots.

"You're really weird," Cool D stated.

"Thanks?" I shrug hoping he let the whole thing slide.

"This way," He said clicking his heels as he turned the opposite direction from me and began walking.

This was going to be a long meet if he kept acting like this. It isn't my fault I can do the bare minimum and get away with it. He wished he had that kind of power.

//•••\\