one shot 1

Michelle Jones doesn't get crushes...sorta

Michelle doesn't get crushes. She gets weird uncomfortable gut feelings, but never crushes. So when she started to observe Peter Parker a little bit more during class and gym it wasn't that big a deal to her.

What really messed her up was this horrible Monday at school.

This morning her alarm didn't go of so she woke up and late and surprise surprise her parents weren't home...as usual so she had to sprint to school causing her to hurt her ankle on the way there because she doesn't run...ever.

To say Michelle was tired was an understatement to how she felt when she got to school about 20 min late for her first class. She went to her locker and took out the stupid text book for her second class because there was no way she would make it all the way up stairs in time for this period it's already to late.

Lunch time came around and Michelle realised a few things one she didn't pack any lunch for herself and two she didn't have any money with her to and she was starving considering she forgot to eat breakfast as well.

She opened her back pack and took out a thick book, maybe I can read my hunger away.

"What really!" Ned said after Peter told him his latest Spider-Man adventure.
"React a little louder now would ya!" Peter whisper-yell at Ned.
"Sorry but dude that is so cool," Ned says babbling about some new Lego thing, but Peter's eyes travel to the person sitting at the end of the table.

She looked tired and dispirited and he noticed how she didn't have her usual tea cup and sandwich.
"Does MJ look okay?" Peter asks Ned.
"Well...MJ looks like MJ," he says then Peter decided to just go with his gut and he got up and went to sit infront of her.

"Why are you sitting there?" She said not even looking up from her book.
Peter swallows the nervous lump in his throat and takes out the bag of Doritos and his bottle of water and slides it across the table to her then gets up and leaves.

MJ looks up at looks at the objects infront of her then at Peter now again sitting back in his usual spot. After a while she's still looking at Peter and he looked up at her and gave her a small smile then turned away.

Michelle's tummy felt weird and not because she was so unbelievably hungry. It was something Peter did ...it had to be. Maybe his soft smile or his caring nature or the way he always gets so nervous all the time.

After homecoming Peter started to really make a effort including her into his weird nerd circle and Michelle thought it was kinda cool, but this just tipped the scale.

She opened the bag and started to eat the chips while reading her book, but she started to realize that she's read the same line over and over again. She's not concentrating.

After AcaDec practice she ran to meet up with Peter.
"Hey Loser," she called and he stopped and whipped around looking like a dear caught in headlights.
"Uh- uh MJ," he say nervously.
"Look...I just wanted to say thank you...for the stuff at lunch that was pretty nice," I say awkwardly.
"Hey that was totally no problem at all I love sharing exspecialy with my friends"
"Friends..."I say.
"Well we don't have to have that specific label, but I like to think we're a little more than just friendly acquaintances," he says then he turn bright red after realising what he said.
"I mean...you know I ..."

Michelle smiles at his nervousness and her heart starts beating a little faster.
"I'll see you loser," she says and walk past him out of the big doors of the school.

Yes, Michelle Jones does not have any crushes she gets these weird uncomfortable gut feelings for one nerd only and that isn't starting to be so bad.