one shot 14

"Peter you don't understand," Michelle says.
"No, I do your moving away and you didnt bother telling me," I said hurt.

"Peter, it wasn't that simple I didn't even think that I was going," she says and I sigh.
"Okay then you're going to Harvard, that's okay we can make things work," I say, but the look on her face says otherwise.
"Come on Peter long distance never works," she whispers.

I feel my blood boil. She's just giving up.
"You're just giving up. We haven't even tried!"

"We all know how it's going to end. You're gonna stay here and go to NYU and still be Spider-boy and I'm gonna be in Massachusetts Peter it's not gonna work," she says shaking her head crossing her arms.

My heart drops too my feat. After two years of hard work this is how it's going to end. Her standing here telling me this a day before she has to leave.

"This is it isn't it," I say softly and she looks down then back up to me. I could see tears pooling in her eyes.
"Peter you know that I love-"
"MJ, come on. You love me? I suppose you didn't love me very much since you're telling me all of this today and your leaving tomorrow," I say my anger coming out with each word.
"Because I didn't want it to be real I didn't want to leave you I just-" then she screams out of frustration.

I cup her face in my hands and kiss her cheek.

"I'll be seeing you Michelle," I rip myself away from her and walk out the door, climbed in my car, and drove home.

The only thing in my mind is Michelle and how easy it was for her to just call it quits on our whole relationship. How she didn't bother to tell me untill the last minute and it makes me wonder how long she actually knew she was leaving and didn't tell me.

"Peter are you okay?" Aunt May asks the second I walk into the apartment.
"MJ and I broke up," I say and fresh tears start pooling in my eyes.
"Oh Pete," Aunt May hugs me and I completely break right there.

The next morning there was a knock on the door. I put down my half eaten toast and walk to the door.
"Hey..." I say.
"I'm leaving," Michelle says in a shaky voice.
"Safe trip," I say my voice matching hers then all of a sudden she leaps into my arms.

I hold her tight against me trying to sooth her.
"I love you," she says after calming down a little," I'm sorry I didn't tell you I didn't plan on going I was going to stay, but Harvard is my dream."
"And I will never keep you from your dream. I love you so much I'm so happy your following your dreams like I'm following mine," I say then we pull away from each other.

She leans in and give me one last goodbye kiss. This is the last time I'm ever going to feel this sensation, the last time I'm going to have her this close so I wrap my arms around her waist try to prolong the moment.

"Goodbye MJ," I say once we pull away and then she leaves.

I watch her leave wanting to run after her, but she needs this, she needs to live her life to the fullest and I'll do the same with mine. Maybe we'll meet again some day, but right now we'll hold on to the beautiful memories we made and that's enough.