one shot 6

He's gone

"Now for a word from Peter's friend Michelle Jones," the priest says and I get from my seat and walk to the stage.

I looked at the full packed church. There were teachers and student and avengers. I looked at Ned's sad face and Aunt May's tear stained one.

"I...I was Peter's girlfriend not his friend. And he was...My best friend," I take a pause. I felt tears pool in my eyes and I swallow the lump in my throat.

"We all know Peter was a loser," I hear a bunch of chuckles," but he was selfless and kind hearted. He didn't have the best history with showing up trust me I know, but now we all know why."

"Peter was a hero," my voice crack and I look down. Tears streamed down my face and I looked at his coffin.

"Why did you have to go...why you?" I sob and May gets up and walks forwards enveloping me in her arms.

"Peter was part of our family. Even if you only knew him as your friendly neighbourhood Spider-man he was special," I continue between my crying.

"We're gonna miss you Peter," I say and May help me walk down back to my seat next to my parents and my mom wrapped me in her arms.

If I thought seeing him lay there so still was painful I was so wrong. Seeing them lower him into the ground was the worst pain I've ever felt. It took everything in me not to jump in after him and just let them bury me along with him and when it was all over it was just me and his grave.

"I love you so much Peter," I whisper looking at his grave.

"Michelle sweety it's time for us to go home," my mom says.

It took me all my strength I had left to drag me away from the grave then we went home.

When we got home I went straight to bed.
"Michelle are you okay," my mom asks after a while.

"I will be," I pick up my digital photo frame and scroll through the pictures of Peter and I," somehow I'll be okay."

I look at the pictures mocking me. I think of the happiness I use to have. The nights Peter would sneak into my room and I'd tend to his wounds. All the late night conversations, calls and texts. His comforting voice that always knew exactly what to say. The way he use to kiss me and hold me(in every way if you know what I mean). The way he looked at me like I was the most precious thing in the world. He won't be there for graduation.

"MJ," my mom got under the covers with me and held me.

"We had plans mom...we were gonna be together mom me and...and him together," I start sobbing fiercely.

"Before he left he, he told me I was one of the few things in his life that mattered and that he doesn't know what he would do without me. He kissed me then he said he'd do everything to keep me safe mom. He promised me he would come home," my sobs get worse. I just can't seem to keep my emotions inside right now.

I wanted to scream. The pain I felt was unbearable. Peter was gone...my loser was gone and he wasn't coming back to me...ever.

"Mom I want him back," I cry out. I cling onto my mother for dear life. I felt like I would fall if I let go.

After a while I turn onto my side and clutch the photo frame to my chest and I hold onto one of his hoody's he gave me(or well hoody's I stole). He's gone...he's really gone.