one shot 10

"Peter I never wanted to fight with you about this ever, but Joy is here now. You can't stay out untill morning and come home dead tired and just not help me with her. News flash Peter she's OUR daughter...OUR responsibility," Michelle says crossing her arms.

"Well what am I suppose to do!? Neglect my duty as a hero. Not do my job every night and let bad things happen to good people?" I argue with her.

"What about your duty as a father! Peter I can't do this alone! I've had about 7 hours of sleep in the past week since we've been home. Peter I'm so tired," she starts tearing up and I notice the bags under her eyes. My heart drops to my feat when the cold hard realization kicks in.

"Have you held her at all in the past week?" She asks and freeze. I don't remember if I have held her this week.

Michelle shakes her head and rushes to the bathroom and with the slam of the door Joy starts crying and I run to her room.

She was beautiful. I've never seen a more beautiful thing in my life.
"Hey love," I pick up the tiny person and rocked her in my arms. She immediately stopped crying and I kissed her forehead.

I sat down on the little rocking chair.
"Hey, so today I completely messed up with your mommy and I feel so bad, but she's right. I mean what was I thinking? Patrolling more because I wanted you to be safe was probably not my best idea," I run the back of my finger over her baby cheek and she takes my finger and squeezes it.

"You're the only thing that makes sense," I say then I get up and lay her down gently and watch her fall asleep.

The next day I go to the Avengers tower bright and early and I quickly make my way back home to find Michelle feeding Joy.
"You're home soon," MJ says dryly.
"Uh huh I talked to Tony," I said and she nods.
"I'm turning in my suit," I say then she shoots her head up and me.
"What!?"
"I mean. I'm not gonna stop being Spider-Man, but they've been dying to test this new recruit and I see no harm in Spider-Man taking a break for a few years," she stops feeding Joy and walks to me slowly patting Joy's back lightly.

"You were right about neglecting you guys. I want to help you and be with you throught this. Being a real father is more important that anything to me...even my Spider suit. I'm sorry I made you feel like you were in this alone MJ," I say then she smiles.
"You don't need to-"
"I want to," I wrap them both in my arms and sigh.
"I love you both," I say.
"We love you more," she answers and I kiss her cheek.

Yeah this was definitely the best choice.