one shot 5

I don't want to lose you

I got home after a night of paroling through the streets of New York. I was tired to say the least and I just wanted to sleep.
"Hey MJ," I greeted my girlfriend.

MJ and I started dating in high school and we've been together even since.

"Peter," she says looking up from her laptop. She was sitting on our bed typing away on her laptop. Probably somthing for the newspaper she works at.

"Peter, don't you think you should...you know take a break from the avenger thing for a while," she says out of no where.

"No, why would I?" I say pushing the button on my suit letting it fall on the ground.
"Just a thought..."

"I'm gonna go take a quick shower...join me?" I say.

"No thanks I'm gonna get to bed," she shuts her laptop and gets under the covers. Something is really wrong.

After my shower I turned of the lights and climbed into bed and closed my eyes. After a while I felt MJ turn around suddenly I feel her hand stoking my cheek.

"Today in therapy the lady asked us to write down our deepest and darkest fears. I wrote down that...I was afraid...of losing you."

My heart started beating faster, but I couldn't make any sudden movements because she thinks I'm asleep. Michelle's afraid of losing me?

"I know it's crazy and you'd think after all these years I'd be use to it, but I'm not. When ever you come home all bruised and battered and bloody I just want to ban you from putting on that suit again.

Every fight just gets worse and worse and Peter if you die I don't know what I would do? I know in the past 6 years of dating I don't say this much, but I love you Peter and I am not MJ without you and the thought of you never coming home to me just...." she sniffs and I felt one of her tears fall on my cheek then she kisses it away.

"I'll never be able to say this to you while you're awake, but I hope some how you hear me," she says then lays her head on my chest.

I wrap my arms around her tightly and I lay there awake untill I feel her breathing slow down and she's sleeping.

"I hear you MJ...I'll always come home," I say and kiss her forehead.