one shot 16

As children Michelle and Peter were taught about soulmates.

Peter was fascinated by the thought of meeting his soulmate, someone who he was destined to be with and who was destined to be with him.

He would lay awake at night thinking about when he's gonna here her voice in his head.

To Michelle is was an insult to her rights. Michelle Jones wasn't known as a girl who liked to be told and she's been independent since a very young age.

So to her having a soulmate already chosen for her felt like she had no controle and when it came to such an important part of her life and it scared her.

Now she's a grown 20 year old woman which means she already passed the soulmate finding age.

"Okay Spider-Man pull yourself together!"

She heard a voice say and she froze. She dropped her pen and completely forgot her project she was working on.

"Uhm... hello?" She tried to communicate.

"Hi!" The voice said and her heart fluttered. This was her soulmate!

"Are you my soulmate?" The voice asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Nope I'm just a random voice in your head and your in mine...your actually insane," She said.

"You sound pretty," he said and she blushed a deep shade of red then she got a piercing headache and his voice was gone.

Peter gave up on soulmates a long time untill he heard her while he was giving himself a motivational speech.

Her voice sounded like honey to him and somehow he was already in love with her, but sadly they didn't get to speak longer because he bumped his head accidently and sort of cut their "connection".

For the next few days they communicated. They spoke about every topic, but nothing personal, both afraid that this is temporary and none of them actually believing its real.

"I don't want to be weird or push you away but....what's your name?" Peter asks one night when they both laid in bed talking about the days activities.

"What's yours?" She asked first.

"I guess we'll never know would we?" He said and they both said goodnight after that.

Talking to the voice in his head became a habit really. He would go to his classes and patrol and talk to the voice in his head.

"Peter are you zoning out!?" Ned asked then Peter giggled.

"May something is wrong with Peter... I think he is broken," Ned said. They were at Peter's aunts house for dinner one night.

"Nope he's absolutely fine," assures Ned and they continue eating.

Michelle was having a bad day. She had to stay up late or a project then she slept through her alarm and she showed up late to class. She skipped breakfast so she's mighty hungry and this line is so long!

When she finally got to place her order she saw walked to the open table in the corner where she always sat, but today so idiot decided to plant himself right in her spot.

"Move."
Was the only thing she said then the boy looked up.
"You know you can sit here and eat I won't bother you I'm just waiting for my friend then I'll be gone," he said and she rolled her eyes, but sat down.

Ned looked at the girl. She looked really tired and she dived into her food like someone who haven't ate in ten years.
"Look some place else," she snapped and he looked away because this girl is scary.

"Ned come on we're late!" The boy across from her got up quickly and ran out, but all she can focus on was the voice.

She knew that voice all too well. She shot up to try and look where it came from, but she only saw the brown hair running out of the diner.

She ran out of the diner, but she was to late. She looked down at the ground and saw a card that he dropped. It wasn't a card it was a pass addressed to an intern named P. PARKER .... She blushed...Michelle Parker she thought.

Peter felt around for his pass...shit he lost it again, Mr Stark is gonna be so mad.
"Then this girl sat with me at the table and she was really scary," he said.

"Cool Ned could you help me please it must be somewhere in this apartment," Ned reluctantly got up and helped him look.

"Intern 4512
Birthday 20 July
P. PARKER" he heard in his head.

"Can you literally go into my brain and get information!?" Peter said.

"Yes...or I can read the card I found laying outside a diner," she said and he froze.

"You were at the diner today!" He said shocked.

"Wait I didn't see you," he said.

"I think I met your friend...Nid? " She said.

"Ned yeah! She talked meeting a scary girl."

"Scary!" She laughs," he's a smart kid."

"I'm gonna need that pass," he says.

"Goodnight Parker," she said.

Michelle was at the campus café. She was way to scared to go back to the diner in fear of seeing P.Parker again.

"Your muffin," the waitress handed her, her takeaway.
"Thanks," she picked up the cute box, but she bumped into someone before she can leave.

Her cupcake fell on the floor along with her ice coffee. She was fuming and she looked up at the scared boy

She gave him one of her death glares. He looked like a scared puppy. He was very handsome, but Michelle was to mad to continue with her thoughts.

She held out her hand and somehow the boy knew exactly what she wanted when he stuffed the money into her palm. She flashed him and fake smile and shoved him out of the way and stormed out.

"I have a headache are you ok?" Peter asks once he sat down at the café table. He was still a little shocked by what just happened. He's never been so scared shitless and intrigued by someone before.

"Some fool made me drop my cupcake," she said and Peter froze.

"Then the boy gave you 20 dollars?" He said.

"Y-yeah..." Michelle froze in her stride.

She quickly turned around. She ran back to the café and Peter walked out of the shop and Michelle crashed into him making them both fall down with her on top.

"And then she ran back and tackled him like a pro," she thought and he laughed.

"She did," he said and Michelle's heart leaped. It was really him!

He took in her appearance she was in sweatpants and a hoody. She had no make-up on her face and her hair was wild, but she looked perfect. Literally she was everything and more.

"I think people are staring..." he says and she rolls her eyes and gets up.

"Michelle Jones," Michelle hold her hand put for him to shake.

"Peter... Peter Parker," he said and shook head. They walked together in some direction and spoke without moving their lips and neither have ever been this happy.