11.Let me see her.

What's this f**ker doing here?

I stop in my tracks and cock my head when I saw him. Why is he here? I rub my chin, thinking about the possibilities that why he was here and my eyes widen, is something happened to B? I look up at him, he is talking to some nurse, I know her. She said something to him and coming this way now.

"Nurse, Sowjanaya." I said sternly, she looks startled that I was talking to her.

"Yes Dr. Mridhul?" she asks nervously.
I cross my arms, "Can I ask you something? What is that guy there, asking you? He seems strangely familiar to me but I cannot recall him." I rub my forehead like thinking to remember him.

She turns around to look at him, "Oh! He brought his wife, Doctor. She is unconscious but Dr.Mahitha is in surgery so I was telling him to wait," Her voice trailed off as I started walking to him already. His wife? I clench my jaw. I take out my stethoscope from my apron pocket and lay it around my neck.

"Where's the patient?" I ask coldly when I stood infront of him. He looks confused that I was speaking to him, "Er.. She is pregnant Doctor. She fainted..." he points to the door behind him. I nodded at him, "Let me see her." I walked past him to the door but he stopped me.

"Is there any lady Doctor, Doctor?" I look at him sharply and raise my brows, this guy had nerves. I'm General Surgeon here. He is caring about her and he wants specifically a lady doctor to check her, I appreciate that.

"She is in a surgery, you want to wait for her to come?" I snap at him and close the door behind me.

I exhale looking at her, I never thought I would see her, this close again. Her head is rested to side, her beautiful eyes are closed and they are having dark circles. Poor B, she is looking so weak and she needs to gain weight too. Now that she's my patient I will ensure to make her healthy. I smile and walk to her, I take her hand to check her pulse but I freeze when I see my ring which is still on her finger. I blink in surprise, I have her's too.

I quickly avert my gaze from her ring to check her pulse

I quickly avert my gaze from her ring to check her pulse. I hesitated first to check her heart beat, but I'm a Doctor and I need to keep those stupid thoughts away. I pressed the diaphragm to her chest, checking her heart beat and I tug her cheeks lightly to see her eyes. They are pale, her blood is low too.