17.I'm gonna see her.

I push open the operation theater door to head outside

I push open the operation theater door to head outside. "Doctor! Is..is he alright?" A voice echoes immediately when we step outside, my colleague, Revanth pulls his mask down to see patient's wife, she is older woman in 50's. He smile at her in assuring way, "He is absolutely fine, we will shift him to ICU soon. Then you can see him, okay?" Her eyes are filled with tears of joy, she joins her palms immediately to thank both of us. I touch her hands and shake my head, "No, it is our duty." I smile and walk away from her family to changing room.

"The faith in their eyes, Mridhul. Our heart fills with warmth whenever we save a life... That happiness we wont get anywhere!." He states joyfully. He is my Senior and a Cardiologist.

"I know sir, their blessing are enough for us too see a longer life too." I say removing my mask around my neck.

"True Doc." He Smiles and pats my shoulder and goes in another way.

I head towards the changing cabin and stop taking off my apron when I hear something from outside. I frown. I remove the apron from my head, what the hell was that?

I pull aside the curtain to the side to check outside. It's raining?! I observed the cloudy climate earlier but I didn't expect it to rain this heavily. What time it is?! I grab my things & phone from locker, it's 9.20pm already? F**k! Brinda! I quickly change and went outside. Sky is lightening heavily, god.

How is she? Where would be she?

I start my car and pull it out of Cellar, I need to check the school first. I will say that I saw her and introduce myself as her ex-finance. I don't care now! She is pregnant for god's sake! Be safe Brinda!

I'm driving in more than normal speed; I pull the gear running the speed to 80kmph. Traffic is light so I reached her school in record time. Opening the door, I hold my hand above my head and jog to the lobby. There is nobody in here.

"Can I help you sir?" I turn around to see a watchman.

"Yeah, have you seen a teacher named, Brinda?"

"She went half an hour ago sir." Oh? I nod a thank you to him and made a run to my car. Please be safe B.

I whisper to myself and drive to her home. It will take me 15minutes to her house but I reached her area in 6 minutes; I roamed my eyes left to right of the road while driving. Thank god she is no anywhere on the road. I park my car few feet away from her house, "Oh god..." I take a relived breath when I see her house lights on. "Thank god," I whisper resting my head on wheel. "She's safe, she is alright," I rest my head back on seat and look at her house for few minutes and calm my racing heart.

It's still raining heavily, tapping my car roof and hood. My shirt is totally soaked, I unbutton it and toss in back seat. I really want to take a bath now, my trousers are also wet. I should keep a pair of cloths in this damn car, I check the car cabinets to find a towel or at least a napkin but there are none but I have tissues. It will do. I dried my hair and chest and used the whole damn tissues. I grab my gym bag for my sweat shirt, thank god its here.