18.Recognize me.

I know something is off about her by mere looking at her

I know something is off about her by mere looking at her. She was covered in huge blue comforter upto her neck. I move to her bed to look at her properly; she is sleeping with her mouth slightly open. I narrow my eyes to think, why is she still asleep? I cautiously touch her forehead. Shit! She is burning. I look at her keenly and take her hand to check the pulse; she didn't stir a bit when I checked her. She is not breathing normally too, what the hell happened to you, Brinda?

I went running outside to bring my bag and kit which contains all the required items in case of emergency. I always keep this emergency kit in trunk of my car. I lock the front door and hurry to her room. I place the bag carefully on floor while looking at her, she is sweating too. I pull the comforter aside to reduce her suffocated state. F**k! It was a mistake! She is only wearing a tank top which is road up on her stomach and pink shorts which looks cute on her. Not a good time to ogle her man!

I close my eyes and cover her. She is breathing very slowly. I grip her elbow checking for a nerve at crook of her arm, I pat a little to get a nerve to appear. She winced when needle touched her skin but her eyes are still closed. Good.

I think this was because of yesterday's climate. She must have walked in rain, my chest hurts thinking about her, walking alone in rain. Poor B, I will not let you do that from tomorrow. I mutter to myself and turn away from her to look around her room. There is a wardrobe on other side of wall facing the bed, which is half open, a table, an attached bathroom and nothing more. I need some cloths and water, I pat my pocket for handkerchief, I need to wet this so I went to bathroom. She breathed in heavily when I placed the cool wet cloth on her forehead. Poor B, you will be fine. I gaze at her for some time and look around again.

I furrow my brows when I see a blue bow on top of her shelf inside wardrobe. My face broke into grin, it was my gift, and there is a box beside it. Darker is written on the Box. Darker? I wonder what it is, my gaze drops to her clothes, everything is folded neatly even her underwear's. I shake my head and turn to her.

I remove the cloth after sometime and wet it again to pat her cheeks but stop when I realize she is moving her legs to and front. I frown and turn around but she is still asleep and pulling away her comforter from her legs. Is this suffocating her? I try to cover her legs again but she did it again! B, please!

I sigh looking at her thighs. I shake my head to clear the image of her legs round.. god dammit! I should stop thinking about her like that! I sit on bed facing her and continue patting her face and hands with wet cloth. I stare at her sometime, she will be fine soon. I grab my stethoscope and check her stomach, I smile when I hear a steady heartbeat, he is fine. I touch her stomach slowly, I grin even more when I feel him move inside. He is awake and his momma will be awake anytime soon.

What if she wakes up and screams when she looks at me?

I don't want to show my face yet. My lips twitch when I got an idea, I rose up from bed and open my bag. I have what I am looking for and place it beside her pillow.