Chapter 34

New promises, the new road that you and Dinah are currently tackling. It has been a long time since that balcony scene. It was where it started but since everything is a clean slate, it wouldn't make sense if it will end there. There are moments in your life where you look back and it seems like it was a dream because of how hazy those memories were. But you remember it, the feelings that the memories brought to you. 

Perhaps in another lifetime, you will be able to write your own middle of the story. Everyone thinks that the beginning and the ending are the most important parts but what will you feel if something that started, ended abruptly. 

That's why you are here, standing at the end of the altar, waiting for the bride to come. The song started playing and you watched as the bride started walking down the aisle. You tapped Hailee's shoulder to tell her to turn around. 

"Your bride is coming," you whispered. You are her chosen best mate for her wedding with Camila. 

The ceremony was beautiful, the vows written was heartfelt. You looked over to the other side and you saw Dinah looking back at you with a shared happy expression. You both are getting there and you know that you will end here at the altar while you wait for her. 

"Well, you look dashing," Dinah said as she neared you after the ceremony. 

"And you look dazzling," You answered. "I can't wait for ours," 

"We'll get there. We'll take our time," She answered with a smile you cannot seem to paint because it is a smile only reserved for you. 

"Together," You said and clasped your hands with her. 

"Dinah! Y/N!" Camila screamed for the two of you because pictures are important. It is a way to freeze time, to freeze youthfulness, to freeze memories. It is a way to remember and it is a way to pass on the stories of your life. 

As this is going on, your mind is keeping the distance away from the past memories, even though it was important it is not wrong to want to forget it. After all, you are only human and it may have shaped you for who you are now but it hurt you and don't let anybody tell you to forgive. Take your time to heal and to process what had happened. It is time to think for yourself this time. 

"You seem to be thinking a lot," Hailee said as the two of you began your walk away from everyone else. 

"Just reminiscing about the old times," You said and smiled. "I was just thinking about how you and I met at an orphanage and look at us now." 

"Yes, I remember. I always dream of the time I will ride towards the sunset. I thought it will be impossible, you know?" 

"It does get better no matter how many setbacks because you know what I realized?" You asked. 

Hailee only raised her eyebrows at you. 

"I realized that there are many sunsets to ride off to, it does not end. The sunset will wait for you tomorrow and the next. So, take your time because there are lots of sunsets you can catch," You said and Hailee smiled at you. 

"Look at you. Look at us, we usually beat ourselves up for missing one that we often miss the many opportunities to catch the others," Hailee laughed as she looks back at her wife. 

"Go," You said and nudge her. "Honeymoon stage does not last forever." 

"But it is always there," Hailee said and gave you a wink. 

"Horndog, just go," You said as you rolled your eyes. 

You turned around to watch the beauty of the sunset as you felt someone hug you from behind. 

"Hey," Dinah said. 

"Kiss me," You said. Dinah just looks at you but kisses you anyways. It was just you and her and the light of the sunset. Because this time you caught up with it with her. And you will not stop counting how many more you will catch along the way. 

-/-/-/- 

"I will not get tired to catch as many sunsets with you. Even if we miss it, I will always be there when the dark caught up with us instead, I love you and will always be there for you. My love, I have so many promises to tell you and this life is not enough to tell you all of it. So, will you meet me again in our next?" You asked. 

Dinah nodded her head and looked at the ordained. The ordained chuckled and nodded. "You may kiss your bride," 

Dinah kissed you like you are water in the desert. She kissed you like you are the air she breathes. She kissed you like you are the life and the home she's been looking for.

"I love you so much," She whispered against your lips. 

"And I love you too," You said and captured her lips in between yours once again. 

-/-/-/- 

The sun is setting and you know because the illumination in the now empty room is tinted orange. You saw Dinah hugging the blanket that was meant for the baby that you guys are supposed to have. You both have tried so hard but it seems like the fight was not enough. You turned your back to the sunset and hugged your wife. 

"I'm sorry," You hear her say. 

"I'm sorry too, but it is not your fault ok?" You said. 

"It hurts so much. She was with me for 8 months and she's suddenly gone. My baby Amada," She said and hugged you back. "We missed the sunset today. We didn't get to watch it." 

"The night is just fine, as long as we're together," You whispered against her ear. 

The lost of a child is hard to bare and it took you both awhile to think of another possibility. 

-/-/-/- 

"My little miracles," Dinah sang as she holds one baby and you hold two. 

"Welcome home," You said as you all entered your home and you set them on their crib. 

"They are so precious," 

"They are tiny," 

"Maybe baby Amada blessed us with them," 

"She definitely did," 

"I love you," Dinah said. 

"I love you too," You answered and at that moment the past no longer matter to you. Because you are thinking of the future of the family you will have. How big and happy it is because of family. You cannot choose the way life will maneuver itself but you will be ready for it because you have the force of your family with you. The force that you chose against all odds, against all sacrifice. So, you snapped a photo of the five of you because this photo will keep the distance away from the bad memories.

 This family is drawing you closer rather than keeping the distance away from you.