16

Months pass .

  Self-training and no rests .
Just me , in front of the sea , in a small hut with the day's 24 hours passing just the same as the one's before it . It became a daily routine . Waking up - practice and practice - meals in between - good sleep . No interaction with human beings in the meantime. 
Unless you count buying groceries...
  I caress the multiple scars on my body , now always hidden with a jacket and long pants . Not only jackets ; hoodies to be precise . I'll explain that later on .

  My scars stretch across my bare arms . Burn marks are on my thigh and scratches lie along my elbow . It's the time of the fight with that woman , which I haven't forgotten yet . I haven't forgotten the weakness and offense I felt , the screaming pain , the fear I tried to hide so bad . But I did it . It's true I did it with a miracle , at the last second of my death , but I have escaped .

  A part of me is planning to stop her . Even though I ran away , she might find me or she could wait for the next descendant with powers to show up . And from what she said later , there would be no mercy afterwards .

The other part , is scared . So scared of her that I push away any thought of her or her appearance when she got mad at my behavior . Her evil eyes that shot arrows through me , her threatening smirk , sharp nails ticking...how she spoke , how she moved , it was all horrifying for me . Yet , I never dared to show it . I stood like a solid brick , facing her , but I was certain I'd collapse any time . And to my luck , I ran away right before I collapsed . Alone . Crying and running away like a coward . Breaking down at once .

Coward...the word that hurt my pride the most...

It's true . Maybe I refused to believe it but I fought her and tricked her to a fall then ran away . I did it by tricking her as well which isn't something I'm proud of as a standard to follow .

So , I've secluded myself . To get stronger enough . Physically and mentally , I needed both if I'm going to continue in this path . I've done a little research and heard about the Hunter exam , which is something I'm planning to take in the future .

My nen is getting stronger and better , faster thsn I expected . But my physical body isn't coping . I'm not fast enough , I can't take much damage or pain . I can't do anything if my muscles are sore and ache  . So I've been working on that . Alot . I grew used to it now , I don't wish for a rest nowadays or sweat till I die out of breath .

  Aaand I've visited Heaven's Arena , late at night . The day I ran away . And made my way to my empty desk , looked for my money in one of the drawers and thankfully I found it and no one saw me .  Other items that didn't belong to me were there so I guess they've brought a new receptionist of this floor .
  I remember I stood in front of Hisoka's room , almost knocked.. but I kept hesitating till I made my mind . And kept my word to myself and him for it . That when I see him , I have to surprise . I have to show my tutor how stronger I've gotten than last time . How painful my punch is going to be when I give him one .

  I'm sorry , my parents , I'm selfish enough not to help with our financial problem the past months...I'm so so sorry...

But I hope they could wait till I can bring them money . The actual reason I really want to take the Hunter exam is that I can sell the license and it'll make things better .

Today is the day though .

I can go out back to the world to face the challenges and learn more! Test my limits and widen them!

Self-training isn't enough , it's true Miss Bisky (whom my uncle knew well) gave me some notices and points . She checked on me from time to time and I was following her system by myself quite well .

However , I still need to see things myself!

And first things first!

Time to find you , Hisoka! I've done my research and I know where you are so well from Hunter soursces my uncle's friend knows of!  And I'm sure my punch will hurt you so bad!

...

Aaahhh I'm jet lagged! I have no time to rest though and not much money to book a room in a hotel so as it's still kinda early , I set off to look for Hisoka at once . Of course , I've never been here before so I rely on the electronic map uncle's friend sent me on my new phone , where Hisoka was spotted .

  I hope I don't get lost! Jeez , I'm so worried!

I keep Zetsu on just in case and I keept walking in corners and alleys like a creep . I'm not so comfortable to how the places Hisoka goes to are...

I still have his number . I had it written in a note in my pocket so I recently recorded it on my phone . I'm not ready for this though . How funny...ready for a face to face harsh meeting but not a phone call .

So an hour passed till I reached this deserted place . I can smell the sea water on me , a technique I figured out using bisky's hints , to hide my presence in a much more effective way . If someone sensed a presence , it won't be visible as a human's . More like an animal , a sea creature if concentration is used . So no one would suspect a stranger's presence if they only shrug it off to a cat's one or something .

  I stick myself to a corner when I hear voices of people closely nearby .

"Man , I hate your guts . You are always so suspicious , you know . Whom are you texting alone here ?" An angry voice yells .

My position can't let me see who the owner of the voice is .

"I'm not obliged to tell you..am I being spied on now ? I'm all yours ~~ " A familiar voice says in monotone .

And I feel my heart rush . Not in panic . But in some sort of adrenaline . Excitement . Impulsiveness .

I almost step out recklessly to see him but I calm myself down a little . That's not so smart .

"Bastard , I'm going to-"

"Hey , Phinx . Ignore him and get in ." Another raspy male voice says and then I hear footsteps move away . Well , turns out Hisoka is popular and loved huh .

  I slowly move away from my hiding corner after I cling on my hoodie and make sure I sense no one but him to reveal myself infront of him .

He frowns -which is unusual since I expected the usual smirk- and when he lifts his head up , I sprint angrily to stand right in a step away from him , our foreheads inches away . Then I punch him with all my might .

My hand slightly hurts me . It would've hurt like hell if I did that before training , probably he wouldn't let me even reach that point but I guess I surprised him . I can see a visible scratch on his cheek .

"Are you freaking retarted ?? How could you disappear like that! And leave me with that scary friend of yours! He almost killed me! Why did you just leave like that! I thought we've gotten closer you unworthy jerk!!" I shout at him as high as I can putting all the anger and disapoointment into the volume of my voice . Deep down , I feel bad for the punch and the harsh greeting but actually he deserves it .

I pant as I look at him straight into his eyes . And next thing he does , which  I haven't predicted at all on my way here , or at any time , -as if he's paying back the surprise I gave him-  .
His large hands sneak to my neck with his thumbs touching my cheek and his lips...brush against mine .

---
UPDAAAATE!
Hehehehe I've waited so long for this chapter :3 hope you guys enjoyed it! 

Make sure to comment on the parts you like , that really makes my day you can't imagine! ❤️❤️❤️