Chapter 1: The Alpha - 4

Magic Bullet

Holland's POV

Me and Scott are tracking the Alpha because it howled. I then hear a woman and a male, Chris Argent. I pull Scott back and listen to they're conversation. We hear the woman, who I'm assuming is a huntress tell Chris that whoever the hell she shot got 48 hours to live. Deciding we don't want to get shot we head home.

Next day at school.

Outfit:

I was driving home from school then suddenly the car in front of me slammed on

I was driving home from school then suddenly the car in front of me slammed on. I beeped my horn and got out of the car to see what caused it, only to find Stiles and a death smelling Derek. "What happened to you?" I ask him. "I got shot last night." He said. "Then why aren't you healing?" Stiles asked. "Because it was a special type of bullet" Derek said. "Silver bullet?" Stiles asked. Me and Derek gave him a look. " No you idiot." Derek said. "That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours." Scott whispered, who I didn't even realise was here. "What do you mean?" Derek asked. "There was this woman and she said whoever the hell she shot, which happens to be you it'll kill them within 48 hours." I say to Derek. "You need to find me the bullet." He said directing it to Scott. "Why me and why should I help you." Scott asked. "Because the woman is named Kate...Kate Argent second of all, you need me...to kill...Alpha." Derek said. Scott looked at me. "He is kinda right." I say. Scott sighed. "Get him in your car. Get Stiles to drive." Scott said. "Okay. Stiles get rid of your jeep. You're driving my car." I said helping Derek to my car. When Stiles got in, I took some of Derek's pain. "When did you learn to do that?" Derek asked me. "The Druid taught me when I went for my lesson and by the way it's been my like 105th try at the mountain ash, I still can't do it." I said a tear almost escaping my eye. "Why does breaking the mountain ash mean so much to you?" He asked me. "One: I can say that I'm a supernatural creature and I broke the barrier even though I can't say it to much people. 2: I can unlock my staff from the grimore." I say to him. "Oh." Is all he said to me. "We are almost there." Stiles said. "Where? Derek asked. "You're house?" Stiles said. "No! You can't take me there!" Derek exclaimed. "We can't take you to your own house?" I asked him. "Not when I can't protect myself!" He said to us. "So where are we meant to take you?" Stiles asked. "Anywhere!" Derek yelled. Then Scott rings. "Hey, you found it?" He then tells me the type of bullet and asks Derek does it mean anything to him. Derek said it was a rare form of wolfsbane. Scot then tells me to take Derek to the animal clinic.

When we are in the animal clinic Derek said that he had one last resort but I was not prepared for what is about to happen.

"I need you to chop off my arm." Derek tells Stiles. "What? Oh god! Are you kidding? Or crazy?" Stiles asks Derek. "OMG! Fine! I'll do it!" I exclaim. "See? The girl got more balls than you." Derek hissed at Stiles. I turn on the hand saw and took a deep breath and counted at three. When I got to three, Scott came in with the bullet and I sighed in relief. "You just saved a lifetime of nightmares." Stiles said to my brother. I just rolled my eyes. "What are you going to do?" Scott asked. "I'm gonna...I'm gonna... then Derek faints. "Scott get the bullet I think I know what to do! I think I read it somewhere in my grimore! Stiles! Try to wake him up!" I tell him. "Already on it!" Stiles said. Scott then hands me the bullet. I rip the skin off of the bullet with my teeth and put the powder on the table. I light it on fire by speaking Latin. When it is burned and Derek is awake I shove it in his wound and hope that I did it right. He then screams in pain and then stops when the wound started to heal. I sighed in relief. "How did you know?" Derek asked me. "It's one of the practice guides for setting things on fire because it's the hardest but... I done it, yet...I can't break mountain ash." I say annoyed. "Hey...it could take years. It's not going to be easy that's for sure." Derek said. "Nothing ever is." I mumble.

After a long day I go home take a shower. Once I'm clean I get ready for bed when I see the mountain ash. I try again only to fail...again. I swear I'm never going to be able to do this. That's my last thought before drifting off to sleep.