Chapter 2: The Kanima - 4

Abomination

Holland's POV

Dr. Deaton rushes to treat Scott's wounds before the hunters return. He says he knows how to treat werewolves but doesn't know about the new creature. Deaton has just enough time to tell me and Scott that the Hunters will have a book listing all the creatures they've encountered.

When me and Scott leave Deaton I help Scott into the passenger seat of my car.

"How are we going to get that book?" Scott asked me. "You're kidding right?" I ask him with a chuckle but he looks at me confused. I sighed. "Allison." I say. "No. We can't bring Allison into this." Scott protests. I roll my eyes. "Scott, she's training to be a werewolf Huntress for all we know she already has the book." I tell him. His mouth makes a O-shape. Scott clears his throat. "I knew that." He said. "Clearly." I say sarcastically. I look at my phone to see 4 missed calls from Derek. He hasn't stopped calling me since yesterday. So when I went into my room I called him back; he picked up on the third ring. "What do you want Derek?" I asked, annoyance dripping from my tone. "I need your help with Isaac, Boyd and Erica. It doesn't have to mean your in my pack." He said. "What? Can't handle your puppies on your own?" I baby talked him. "Well there is three inexperienced werewolves and one of me...yes I can't handle them." He said sarcastically. "Well you should've thought of the consequences when you bit them." I replied with sarcasm. "Can you just please? You'll understand why I done it in due time." He said practically begging me. I sighed. "I'll think about it." I then hang up.

Third person POV

At the Armor Tire and Service Center, a mechanic has Stiles' Jeep up on a hydraulic lift and is standing underneath working on the vehicle. Stiles argues that he is being overcharged and the unnamed mechanic threatens to charge him even more. Stiles retreats to the waiting room but there is a sticky substance on the door handle. In the waiting area he sees a picture of the mechanic in a Beacon Hills Cyclones Lacrosse uniform. Stiles then takes out his Samsung Galaxy SII phone to text someone when his hands begin to freeze up. It is clear that his body won't do what his brain is telling it to do and he drops the phone.

Through the waiting room window Stiles sees the Lizard Creature crawling down the side of his jeep which is still high in the air on the hydraulic lift. He tries to shout a warning but can't achieve much volume. He watches as the creature scratches the mechanic on the back of the neck. Stiles tries to move but falls to the floor paralyzed. The mechanic also falls to the garage floor, and after the creature slices through the hydraulic line, Stiles' jeep begins to slowly descend on top him. Stiles manages to dial 911 but can do nothing else except watch as the mechanic cries for help and then is crushed to death. The creature comes up to the glass door of the waiting area and hisses at him.

At 8:55 PM Allison gets into her car, she breathes fog on to the window and "9 PM" becomes visible on the window. She looks down at the clock and when she looks back up her grandfather is standing outside the car. Gerard wants to talk.

At the same time Scott is waiting in the woods for Allison. He looks at his phone (also the Samsung Galaxy S) and the time is 09:00 pm.

Back at Allison's, Gerard reaches in his jacket pocket and a leather bound book drops to the ground. Allison retrieves it and he says he would be lost without it. The old man then takes a handful of pills saying he takes a cocktail of pharmaceuticals three times a day. He then launches into a speech about how Allison must trust her family. He defends Kate's actions and says Allison reminds him of her. He predicts that Allison will be placed in a situation where she will have to question the trust of even her closest friends and that the trust you never question is family. He then asks if he can trust her. He is unhappy with her quiet "yeah" response and shouts at her to speak with conviction "Yes or No" to which she responds "Yes."