Chapter 1: The Alpha - 11

Formality

Holland's POV

So...how do I start? Derek is missing, Jackson knows about werewolves and wants to become one and to top it all off? My mother likes Peter. *sigh* I knew she was going on a date but I didn't know it was with Peter; I feel really bad for her...

At school
Outfit:

"I can't believe I can't go to the formal

"I can't believe I can't go to the formal..." Scott groaned. "Oh man up! I'm going but I'm going stag because I do every year!" I replied annoyed. "Why? You have guys gawking over you everyday of your life, why not say yes to the hottest one or something?" Scott asked me. "Because I don't want them to get their hopes up that it means something." I repair bluntly and Scott sighs but drops it regardless. I walk away from him not knowing what to say.

At Macy's

"Nothing's wrong... I just have a lot on my mind." Allison answered Lydia. "You could smile at least; Ever heard of the saying "Never frown someone could be falling in love with your smile." Lydia said all chirpy. Allison snorted. I decided to join in. "Smile Allison, She's buying you a dress." I said mocking Lydia, smiling. "I have to admit, Lydia. As far as apologies go. That's more than I expected." Allison admitted. "Excellent" Lydia said quickly. "But not as much as we're going to ask." Allison said. I already knew what she was talking about. "What? What's that supposed to mean?" Lydia asked nervously. "It means that you are going to cancel on what ever dumb, roided-up jock you said yes to... and go with somebody else." I said and Lydia looked really scared now. "Who?" She asked. Allison looked over at a direction and said "Him." Just as Allison said that, Stiles had a sneezing fit because he squirted perfume up his nose. Idiot. "Awww. Don't frown Lydia..." I say in a mocking tone. "Someone could be falling in love with your smile." Allison finishes.

I was looking at dresses when I smelt Peter he was near Allison I quickly called a tow truck to tow Allison car. I waited a few before it was announced on speaker. I placed money in the car for the tower and quickly ran back in Macy's for Lydia. Peter is looking around for...me? "I have to say, I'm impressed with your ingenuity. Just remember... you can't be everywhere all the time." Peter said in barely a whisper and to be honest? Those 7 words frighten me... "you can't be everywhere all the time."

Getting ready for the dance
My dress:

Getting ready for the danceMy dress:

I see Scott rushing for the formal. "Scott I thought you weren't allowed to go?" I asked. "That doesn't stop me." He shouted full of determination. I chuckled at him. "How are you planning on getting in?" I asked. "I'll find a way!" He again shouted determined. Then Mum comes in with her sewing kit and Scott's pants. She sits on Scott's bed and asked. "Is she coming here because you know I need the car tonight." Our mum asked Scott. "No, I'm going stag." Scott said and I looked at him confused. But of course he wouldn't ask another girl but Allison. "You're going alone." Our mum asked him. "Stag. There's a difference..." he said and I said "sort of." I finish for him. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just surprised that you have nobody else to ask but Allison." Mum said. "There are no other girls besides Allison." Scott said and I looked at him. "You really feel that way?" Me and mum ask at the same time. Scott sighed and said "Can you please just keep sewing." He pleaded. "No,no,no,no." Mum chanted. "You have time for just one question. Come here." She continues. I sit down next to mum and Scott follows suit. Mum waits a few second before asking. "Do you really feel that way." She asked again. "I can't help it." Scott said quietly. "It's like, every time I look at her I get this hollow feeling in my chest. It's like... someone literally took a shovel and dug a hole in me and it's the worse feeling I've ever had and I didn't... know anyone could actually make me feel this bad." Scott said. "I know..." I said. "Everyone knows eventually." Mum continued. "But it does go away." I quickly said. "But I don't want it to.." Scott said. Me and mum both look at him. "Have you told her how you feel?" Mum asked him. "Sh-she knows." My and mum both groan. If I knew my brother was this stupid with girls, I would've helped him out a long time ago. "Oh come on!..she knows?" Mum said while hitting him softly on the head. "Listen, dumbass. I'm going to let you in on a secret that most guys don't have a clue about, alright?" Our mum said and Scott nodded. "Women love words." Mum said and I nodded. "Huh?" Scott hummed in confusion. "You got to tell her how you feel." I explain. "Just say it. Say it again." Mum said. "Say it differently." I Said. "Learn how to say it better." Mum said. "Learn how to sing it." I said smiling. "Ya know, just write it in a poem." Mum said. "In a letter attached to flowers." I continued. "Carve it in a tree in a side walk." Mum said. "Tattoo it in your arm." I said in hopes mum will let us get a tattoo. "Really?" Scott asked mum. "No. Not really." Mum said glaring at me and me grinning at her. "Just..." mum starts. "Tell her the truth." I finish. "Tell her everything and anything you want." Mum told him. "Everything?" Scott asked and we nodded. "But when you do... I'd keep that buttoned." Mum said pointing at Scott's crotch. I giggled. "Here you go." Mum said giving him his pants and then leaving the room. "Should I tell her everything?" Scott asked me and I knew he was on about being a werewolf. I nodded. "In due time, Yes. It's what she does with the information will prove if she's worthy of your love. I'm no psychic but I think she'll accept you for who you are." I say. "I'll take you to the formal."I say then I kiss his cheek and leave him in his room, deep in thought.

At the dance

Things are going... awkwardly. A bunch of guys have asked me to dance but I kindly rejected them because I could've sworn I just saw Peter. The next thing I know, Coach spotted Scott and started yelling at him saying stuff like. "McCall, I see you." And "it's a small gym buddy." And so on but when coach found Scott...he was dancing with Danny making coach look really bad. Coach got awkward and just told everyone to dance. I sighed. I noticed Stiles dancing with Lydia and that made me smile a bit but I still wished I stayed home. I noticed Allison and Scott kissing. I mentally high fived him for that. Things I am watching are perfect, all but me...

But little do I know that things are going to go 100 - 0 real fast.