Chapter 1: The Alpha - 5

The Tell

Third person POV

Jackson and Lydia arrive at the video rental store as Jackson tries to convince Lydia to watch something other than The Notebook. Jackson goes inside to find The Notebook and finds the rental clerk dead with his throat ripped out. The Alpha is inside the store with Jackson and pins him to the ground with a shelf, but instead of killing him, he observes scratches left on the back of his neck by Derek and jumps out the window, terrifying Lydia. Soon, Stiles arrives with his father and is surprised to find Jackson and Lydia there protesting to be allowed to go home.

Holland's POV

Me, Scott and Derek are at the scene on top of the roof talking about the Alpha while Derek explains how he needs us.

Next day at school.

Me and Lydia come into school with a bunch of birthday balloons since it's Allison's birthday and we put them in her locker for a surprise. "She's going to love it!" Lydia exclaims. "I hope so." I tell Lydia.

Later after school.

I go to Deatons after school so he can help me break the mountain ash. Yes, I still can't do it. Derek said it could take years but hey, years is better than never. "Okay we are going to learn a new spell today." Deaton told me. "Okay, which one? I've read half of the grimore." I tell him. Half is loads trust me, the book is massive. "It's called a Locator Spell. There are different methods to do a locator spell but today we are learning the specific place of where someone is. Today I want to know the specific place of where Scott is. Find the specific method and just let go." I sit down and think of Scott while saying the spell. Soon enough I see him in the car with Allison on their way to the parents meetings. "He's on his way to parents meeting with Allison." I tell Deaton."Good. Now don't use anymore of your powers today because if you want to break the mountain ash, you have to have full energy." He tells me and I nod. "Bye doc." I said. "Bye Holly" He told me. I then went home because I'm tired.

When I get home. I change and get into my night wear and sleep until someone woke me up.

"Holland!" Scott shook me awake. "What?" I had a sleepy voice. "You won't believe what happens tonight..." Scott trails. "I'm guessing I'm missing something important?" I ask. "Yeah, really important." Scott said. "Oh god, what? Now I feel bad for sleeping!" I say feeling guilty. Scott chuckles. "No. anyway. We thought the alpha was at school, okay? Argent shot the animal and guess what?" Scott asks me. "It was the alpha? So it's dead?" I ask and Scott shakes his head. "No! It was a fricken mountain lion. Now everybody thinks that they're safe and in reality they are not because a strong big bad werewolf is off its leash!" Scott ranted. "Are you done?" I ask him, giggling quietly because of his rant. "No! Because now I'm pretty sure Stiles hates me because his dad got hurt and I couldn't do anything about it because I was helping Allison." Scott continued his rant. "Now are you done?" Scott gives me a look saying -where-is-your-amazing-sister-advice-. I sighed. "Look, Scott. I wouldn't joke about it if I thought it was serious. You and Stiles have been best friends for years. He'll come around. If not in a few hours, tomorrow. Okay?" I ask him. "Yeah. You're right. He won't stop talking to me for a minor mistake." Scott said. I nodded. "Thanks sis." Scott said hugging me. "No problem." I say hugging him back.