Two

Belle suddenly felt weak in the knees and all the blood rushed her cheeks as a fit of cheers erupted amongst the crowd.
"What's your name?" His voice was a whisper but instantly made her relax.

Belle gulped nervously, her eyes furiously scanning all the people who were now judging her.
"Forget about them- look at me;" he tilted his head sideways.

"Belle" Her voice came out as a weak whisper and he nodded his head.
"Belle" he repeated it solely to himself.
"Did you came here with anyone?" His voice held a tenderness to it and Belle wondered why he was being so kind to her.

She settled on the fact that he probably didn't want to embarrass her in front of all these people by rejecting her. She was in any case, human and there has never been a human Luna; never.

"Yes. My mother" she led him towards where her mother was standing with shock plastered onto her face.
Belle flew into her mother's arms that immediately encircled her, "Oh darling, I knew you were destined for great things. You will make a great Luna and if your father could see you now, he'd be so proud"

Belle didn't want to let go of her mother, 'be a great Luna?' Belle didn't believe she could be a great Luna, she was human. For the moment, she had forgotten that Demetri was behind her and her mother stepped back and bowed her head to him.
"Alpha"

Demetri outstretched his hand for her to shake, "If it would please you Joanne, I'd let Belle stay the night to pack her things and tomorrow morning she will come with me to my compound."
Joanne nodded, "Yes Alpha, I'd appreciate that very much."
Demetri nodded and Belle had her eyes turned to the floor. She did not want to look at him for fear of seeing his disappointment in her.

Demetri had departed shortly after with a nod of his head. The walk back to their house was silent, Belle had nothing to say; she was still in shock.
How could it be her?
He must have made a mistake?
She couldn't be Luna?

Human's were the weaker faction! Hence there had never been a human Luna in history; ever. That night after her mother had helped her pack her belongings Belle did not sleep.

~*~

Belle glanced around her room for the last time and a bitter feeling exploded in her mouth. Belle knew soon it was time to go and wave of nervousness covered her. Belle sat in front of her mirror as her mother ran the brush over her golden curls. Her green eyes studied her facial structure, a small nose with rosy cheeks and plump pink lips. Belle suddenly wondered if Demetri thought she was pretty.

Probably not.

"Come. Grab your bags, he'll be here any minute now" Joanne patted her daughter's head.

When three black sports cars had pulled up in front of her house and Belle felt her heart stop. Demetri was the first to exit and immediately walked towards her. Belle's eyes widened at how handsome he looked. His dark hair swept back and his scruff neatly cut. His grey orbs met hers suddenly and Belle felt weak in the knees.

Joanne was beside her and suddenly encircled her in her arms, "make me proud" she whispered into her ear.
Belle nodded, trying to be strong as her mother's warm, familiar arms let her go.

Demetri who was watching the exchange nodded curtly towards Joanna and turned to Belle who was shakily holding her bags.
"Here, let me take those- "
Belle shook her head, "No Alpha, it's okay. I can take my own bags." She barely whispered.

He seemed puzzled, "Belle, you can call me Demetri....."
Belle nodded, tensing as his hand grazed her back.

There were men standing by the other cars who only looked straight ahead. They all wore the same black suits and sunglasses and they made Belle nervous.
"Jo, help me with Belle's bags"
Suddenly a large man stepped towards her and Belle looked up at him wearily.

"Jo, will take your bags for you" Demetri opened the car door for her and Belle cautiously stepped inside.
Joanne could be seen from the backseat window of the car and Belle gave her a weak wave.

Belle could feel his eyes boring into her as she leaned against the car door, surely if the door had opened she would have definitely toppled out.
"You are human? Are you not?" Demetri's voice was deep but soft.
Belle nodded, "Yes Alpha."

In the corner of her eye, Belle saw him shake his head, "Belle, call me Demetri... you are my mate, my equal."

Equal? She doubted that tremendously, she was human! There was no way they could be equal.

When the cars stopped outside of a huge mansion Belle couldn't believe her eyes. The place was huge, with the structure of a palace with marble pillars to match. Demetri stepped out of the car and walked around to open the door for her, a faint blush crept onto her cheeks as he motioned for her to exit.

"Welcome home Belle"

The statement made her feel queasy and she exhaled and followed Demetri up to the door. On the inside, was just as gorgeous as the outside and Belle spun around on her heels to admire the decor.
"Do you like it?" Demetri's voice sounded nervous.
"It's beautiful." She whispered softly.

With her bags in his hands Demetri nodded towards her, "this way, I'll show you to our room."
Belle suddenly gulped, uhoh-

Demetri stopped at a wooden door and pushed it open revealing a large master bedroom with only one bed which seemed to be the only thing Belle noticed about the room. She breathed a sigh of relief at the couch in front of the television, the place where she'd be sleeping.

He put down her bags and Belle awkwardly stood to the side of the room unsure of what to do.
"I'll leave you to unpack.." Demetri seemed unsure of what to do himself.
"Uh... if there's anything you need.. don't hesitate to ask"

Belle nodded, "at dinner, you will meet the rest of my family."

Belle gulped, family?