Six

Belle tilted her head to the side at the man before them. He was tall and lean with scruffy blonde hair and dark eyes. He didn't look pleased at the sight of them and beside her Belle felt Demetri tense at sight of him. Kaden has his arms folded in a stoic position and a frown upon his lips. At the sight of them he exiting the car and made his way over.

"Demetri." His voice held a certain degree of worry to it and Belle quickly picked up something was wrong.

Kaden swiveled his head to her and a small smile played at his lips, "Sorry our first meeting had to be rushed like this Belle but I need to speak to Demetri urgently."
Belle nodded and excused herself from their conversation and went inside.

Shortly after both men approached and Demetri had a scowl on his face, "I don't understand how this could happen!"
Belle jumped at the level his voice was at, "I thought those assholes knew better than that!"
Kaden shook his head, "With your permission a team of wolves will be sent out to scout the premises...." Kaden's eyes caught Belle's, "To see that the problem is taken care of"

Belle cocked her head to the side, problem?

Demetri nodded his head in response and dismissed Kaden. He nodded towards her before locking the door behind him. Demetri turned to face her and she swiveled her back to act like she wasn't listening but obviously Demetri wasn't falling for that and approached her.
"That was Kaden, my second in command."
"We've been having a rogue problem recently."

Belle was surprised he was telling her all of this.

"Rogues are werewolves without a pack right?" Belle asked unsure of if her question was a dumb one.

Demetri nodded, "Exactly, but now they've banned together and are hell bent on taking our land."

Belle clasped her hands together, "Is that all? Why'd you have to send a team of wolves out..."

Demetri raised his eyebrows, she was smarter than she let on, "Well the assholes killed three of my wolves and we have at least four of them captured."

Belle nodded in understanding, so that was the problem.

She folded her arms, "As Alpha shouldn't you be the one out there?"

He shrugged, "I just found my mate, I think I deserve some time to spend with her. The pack isn't under immediate danger so I figured I'd be here with you."

Belle smiled as Demetri took a step closer to her, "is that okay princess?" He smirked.

Belle's breath caught in her throat, "Princess?" She managed to squeak out.

He chuckled, "Yes, princess."

Belle nodded, unable to still comprehend that he wanted her; it was a weird satisfaction to know that he wanted to get to know her.

Belle suddenly heard a growl and looked at Demetri amused to see embarrassment flood his features.

"I guess I'm hungry."

She smiled a little and made her way into the kitchen and began preparing a meal. In an instant Demetri was at her side, "so what are we cooking princess?"

"We?" Belle whispered quietly.

Demetri looked at her confused, "Yes we, you won't be cooking by yourself."

Belle couldn't help the smile on her face as they both set to work.

~*~

To tell you the truth, the dinner they cooked together had turned out to be the best thing Belle had ever eaten. She stared at Demetri as he gobbled down what was left on his plate. They washed their dishes together when suddenly Demetri spilt soapy water on the floor and in a split second he'd slipped and his back hit the floor in a sudden motion.

At the sight of his flustered expression Belle giggled hysterically. It was the first time he'd ever heard her laugh out loud. The sound was music to his ears. Belle covered her hand to her mouth to stop herself at the sight of her mate's quirked eyebrow.
"Glad my pain could bring you joy." He muttered.

She muttered an apology and stretched out her hand for him to take, "Sorry, I just didn't expect an Alpha to be so clumsy."
He narrowed his eyes, "clumsy!" He exclaimed.
Belle noticed he took offense to her statement and shook her head, "No, it's okay, it makes you more human."

Belle bit her lip and cursed herself to saying such a statement. If he wanted too he could literally kill her now!

"More human eh?"

Belle looked away, "Belle.." Demetri took a step towards her but she took one step back.

"Belle?" He reached for her but she shook her head, "I'm sorry that was rude of me to say"

The atmosphere had changed completely and Belle cautiously glimpsed at him. He had a hurt expression plastered onto his face because she moved away from him.
"It was okay that you said it."
"It didn't offend me and you shouldn't feel like you have to watch what you say around me."

He sighed and ran this fingertips through his hair, "You being human doesn't affect me, the only person it seems to be bothering is you."

Belle narrowed her eyes, "It should be affecting you!" She suddenly screamed out.
"I'm not good enough for you! You need a werewolf, someone to match your strength, your confidence. Demetri, you're perfect and I'm not." She whispered the last part because she realized she was shouting.

At his shocked expression she took that as a sign to leave.