Twenty Two

When Demetri finally decided it was time to go back to where they lived, Belle couldn't help but be relieved. Being in the same space as George was mentally exhausting for Belle who had to undergo his menacing stares and spouts of rude comments about her human nature. Of course Demetri had responded to each of them whenever he was around but his defending her didn't make her feel any better. Especially when George went about questioning why she wasn't marked yet—

The car ride back to their house was quiet as she stared out the window of the car watching the outside world pass by, she almost didn't hear him.
"Everything okay Belle?" He paused, "You're quieter than usual."
She smiled at him, "Just thinking,"
She saw him frown, "About?" He asked curiously his eyes strained on the road.
She shrugged, "everything."
He nodded his head, turning slightly to see her, "Everything will be okay." He assured her.

When they pulled up outside their house, Belle sighed in relief. She liked having her own space and thanked god she didn't have to live with Demetri's family— lord knows she wouldn't have survived. Demetri helped Belle with her bags and after they began to settle back in Demetri straightened his back. Belle knew that look, he was being mind linked and her eyes strained on his face as he received the message.
"The rogue we were able to hold is ready for questioning." He turned to her.

Belle nodded, "Okay, when will you be going?"
"Now." He answered looking her straight in the eyes.
Belled gulped and nodded, "Okay, come back soon." She barely whispered.
He nodded his head and placed a kiss to hers, "I'll be back soon."

After making herself a snack, Belle found herself covered by a blanket and a good movie on. She cradled her head with a pillow and soon her eyes fluttered closed.

There was nothing suspicious about where she was, she with Christopher and Gracie in their house. The couple sat in the kitchen while Gracie rubbed her belly which was definitely bigger from the last time she'd seen her and Belle smiled, "He grew so much!" Belle said out loud, but neither of the couple looked as if they'd heard her.
Belle frowned trying to move over to them but her feet again were planted to the ground again.

This time Belle wasn't afraid, "Lucas has threatened our unborn child! I cannot sit back and let this slide!" Christopher suddenly yelled.
"I'm not asking you too, I just don't want you to rush into anything and hurt yourself or worse, I need you! Our baby needs you!"
Belle suddenly felt as if she was intruding on a personal moment between the couple, but she couldn't control this.

"You're right." Christopher obliged.
"I just need you to be safe. I've already asked Demetri and Belle if you can stay with them."
Gracie's eyes went wide, "Where will you go?"
Christopher ran his fingers through his hair, "I have to take care of the pack, make sure certain measures are taken care of and I can't do that if I'm constantly worried about you."
Gracie nodded solemnly, "Promise to be careful okay."
Chris nodded his head, his head suddenly peeled up and Belle recognized the expression as them receiving a mind link.

"Fuck." He grunted.
Gracie suddenly let out a cry as fear seemed to overtake her features, "They have them."
Wait! Have who? What date was it? Belle was sure it was a few months into the future but she couldn't be too sure. She searched around the room for anything that could tell her anything but she saw nothing.
"Have who?" She screamed but they didn't hear her.
"We need to let—"

Suddenly the image began to shimmer and Belle appeared to be in the woods again. Standing before her was none other than Lucas himself who suddenly slammed his hand into the wall and screamed.
"He betrayed me! Me!"
"I'll kill that lying little...." he mumbled on.
"Send in the reinforcements and attack them now."
"Boss," someone suddenly spoke up, "What!" Lucas lashed out spinning around.

"We got—"

Suddenly when Belle opened her eyes she in back in her house and she scowled. She didn't get to hear what he said and attack? Oh god that can't be good. These visions while may seem helpful were causing my questions for her than answers. Belle groaned slightly before getting up and going into the kitchen. She looked at the window to the front of the house and sighed, wondering how the interrogation was going.