Three

Belle sat on the edge of the bed in what one might call, shock.
Here she was sitting on the edge of her new bed, in her new room, in her new house, not moving a muscle. She exhaled loudly and stared at her bag, shaking her head at the thought of unpacking it; oh please she thought, she wasn't going to stay here that long.

She was so sure Demetri was waiting for just the right time to reject her. Maybe he'd even do it tonight; maybe tomorrow? But she knew she was definitely n o t fit to be Luna.
She was weak, disposable, easy to target and that would make it impossible for her to be Luna.

Belle suddenly looked up to see Demetri at the door, "Come on Belle, my mother and sister are waiting to meet you"
Belle nodded, a nervous lump forming in her throat. She didn't know what to make of meeting his family— was she supposed to do something? She knew she wanted them to like her for some reason, even though she believed she wasn't going to stay here long.

Belle past him upon exiting the door only to feel the tingle of his hand caressing the small of her back. The sensation was electric to her yet familiar and Belle felt slightly comforted by it.
At the foot of the stairs held a woman who strangely held no resemblance to Demetri.
It was only when Demetri addresses her as mother did Belle pick it up.

She was short but slender with long auburn hair and round brown eyes that seemed to be examining her.
"Oh Demetri! She's beautiful" she encircled Belle into her arms, placing a chaste kiss to her cheek.

Belle felt her cheeks heat up, "Thank you"
"Belle is it? I'm Jillian"
Belle smiled faintly, "Nice to mee......"
"Demetriiiii!" A squeal echoed through the house as tiny footsteps paced towards them.
Soon a bundle of brown hair could be seen bolting straight towards Demetri and he swiftly scooped her up and spun her around.

"Ana!" Demetri hugged her tightly.
Belle watched the exchange curiously, she had no idea he had a younger sibling, a baby sister for that matter.
Suddenly Ana locked eyes with Belle and pursed her lips, "Is that her?"

Demetri caught Belle's gaze and nodded his head, "Yes, this is her."
Ana turned to her brother tugging on his shirt and whispering into his ear, making Belle feel uncomfortable.
Demetri chuckled at what he'd heard, "Why don't you tell her yourself?"

Ana giggled shaking her head and hiding behind his legs. Demetri ushered her forward,
"Go on"
Slowly Ana approached her with a cheeky smile painted onto her face, "You're really pretty" she giggled softly.

Belle smiled, "So are you" Ana blushed and suddenly encircled her arms around Belle's knees.
Belle looked up to see Demetri with a small smile to his lips, thank god he seemed happy.
"Come now Belle dear, you must be exhausted! Hungry for that matter! Come let me make you something to eat."

Jillian had both Belle and Demetri at the table and set down a plate of food before them.
"Here, eat up. I bet you're starving"

They all ate in silence and Belle let herself  relax slightly only to have it disrupted by Ana's squeal.
"Daddy's home!"
Belle gulped down another lump of nervousness, she'd totally forgotten about Demetri's father, the past Alpha.
Suddenly appearing in the doorway was a man if not for being a few years older Belle would have thought it could have been Demetri. Who was in fact the spitting image of his father.

Same dark hair and stormy grey eyes that widened at the sight of an extra person at the table.
"Demetri, is this her?" The question was a nonchalant one.

"Father, this is Be.."

"She's human!" the distaste in his voice could easily be caught.
Belle suddenly sank into her seat at his exclamation.
"She can't be human!" he turned his attention to his son, "you've made a mistake Demetri!"

Belle looked at her plate and put her fork down, not knowing what to make of this situation.
"A human is not fit to be Luna, it has never happened!"
Jillian suddenly spoke up, " George, that does not mean she can't try..."

George put his hand up to stop her, "Girl, I want you gone by tomorrow evening."
Belle nodded, knowing fully well that this was bound to happen. She knew she wasn't right for this, she knew it. Although she knew it was for the best, it still hurt, the feeling hurt.

"George please, you're being rude and unreasonable..." Jillian stood up to face her husband.

George scoffed, "Unreasonable? No this is a precaution. This human cannot take care of herself and therefore she is a liability."

Belle dared not look at Demetri, she didn't want to see his facial expression ,"Son, take her back to where she came from..."

"No."

The room fell silent at that one word. Uhoh

"What?"

"No."His voice was firmer this time.

Belle caught a glimpse of George's appalled expression, "Boy, you will do as I say or so help me..."

Demetri stood up and Belle could feel his anger radiating off of him, "Or what?"
For the last minute or so Belle had been trying to figure out why the Hell this man was defending her.

"Demetri, she is not fit to run a pack! She's human for god sake!"
Belle couldn't help but agree with him.

He scoffed, "I think I'll decide that."

George shook his head, "Son, don't do this to our family! Do you not care about our name at all!" His voice was getting louder and if Belle could go any further she'd be underneath the table.

"I think I've eaten enough, thank you mom."

"Belle?" He placed his hand on the small of her back and instinctively she got up.

When they were out of the room, Belle could hear George quarreling with his wife but she tried tune it out.
"I'm sorry about that..." Demetri began.

Belle shook her head, "There's no need for apologies." Her voice was soft, silk-like.

"Yes, Belle of course there is. He disrespected you and even if he's my father, he's not Alpha anymore and had no right to speak to you that way."

She shrugged, "I understand where he's coming from and it's fine, he's right anyway."

Demetri closed the door to their room, "Right?"

Belle looked away and she noticed his eyes on her unpacked suitcases.

"You haven't unpacked?" He crossed his arms.

It was then Belle's breath got caught in her throat at the sight of him leaning against the wall. Jesus he was beautiful.

"I didn't think it was necessary..." she answered honestly.

He raised his eyebrows in understanding, "You didn't think you were gonna stay?"

Belle shrugged, "I mean, your father, he has a point..."

Demetri frowned, "If you want to leave please I'm not going to stop you..." His voice was sincere but she could feel his fear.
"But if you want to give this a chance.. stay, unpack your bags please."

Belle had no idea why he was being so nice to her and this wasn't making any sense.

"I... I ... I'll stay." She shook her head at her frantic decision.

And she hoped to God she wasn't making a mistake.

~*~

A U T H O R ' S     N O T E

Thank you again for your continued support! Another update soon