Twenty Six

D E M E T R I

His eyes were blazing red, a rich red that resembled blood and blood was exactly what he wanted. To rip his mate's captures to pieces and as Demetri paced back and forth his temper rising as Kaden spoke to a number of wolves who were returning. Demetri has come back to utter chaos in his house, broken chards of glass, his men wounded and lastly, the most devastating, Belle gone. He'd heard her final mind link telling him that she had to go with them but dammit if he hadn't left, he would have fought them off and she'd still be here with him.

Demetri felt like he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders and guilt was eating him alive. If anything happened to her, he would never be able to forgive himself.
"Does anyone know anything!" Demetri hollered.
When he was met with silence he slammed his fist down on a nearby table about to storm out of the room before Liam approached slowly.
"I'm sorry, I couldn't more to save my Luna." He hung his head in shame.

"But she told me something before she was taken." Demetri perked up at this, "she said Lily was a traitor. I don't know how she knew it but she said she couldn't explain it."
Demetri narrowed his eyes, immediately realizing she must have had vision that led her to this information.
"Find Lily! I want her in my office as soon as possible." Demetri bellowed loudly.

Kaden came to his side, his eyebrows furrowed, "You're just going to take his word for it?" Kaden seemed a little suspicious.
"You're going to trust the man who let your mate be taken away? The last person to see her?"
Demetri saw what he was implying but only shook his head, "Liam is a worthy of my trust and yours too." He said pointedly.
Kaden nodded, "I just didn't want to put the idea past that Liam was working with the enemy."

Demitri managed to smile, "Thank you Kaden."
Kaden nodded his head at him before walking away. Demetri turned his attention to his parents who were now walking towards him.
"Oh Demetri! I heard what happened! Are you alright?"
He nodded, his mother nodded her head as George, his father stepped forward, "Any leads?"
Demetri rose an eyebrow at his father's interest, "One, before Belle was taken she told Liam that Lily was a traitor."

Both of his parents went wide eyed, "Is there any confirmation of this?" His father asked.
"I've called some of my men to find her. She should be here within the hour."
George nodded his head before his mother turned to him, "I know you must be stressed, if there's anything we can do to help. Don't hesitate to ask."
Demetri nodded as a stampede of his men seemed to be coming towards him, "Excuse me." He excused himself from his parents.

The wolf leading the pack stepped forward bowing his head a little at his alpha. Demetri appreciation the gesture but only wanted answers or some sort of news.
"Well?"
The wolf cleared his throat, "Lily seemed to have fled."
"Fled?" Demetri's voice was icy.
"Where? Could you track her scent?"

"We're on that now." The wolf answered.
Demetri nodded, "Good, keep me informed."
Demetri swiveled his heel and walked into his house, it smelt of her, like roses blooming in a garden. It was exhilarating and Demetri suddenly felt a pang if sadness in his chest.
Belle! He cried out in the mind link but when he didn't receive an answer his fear of what had happened to her only grew.

If who he knew took her, did, he knew he'd soon get a ransom note. Demanding his land or even wolves in exchange for Belle which was why Demetri needed to find her location before that happened. He didn't want to choose between his pack or the woman he loved— loved it had occurred to him to tell her the night he'd marked her how he felt but he chose against it and now with her being gone he'd thought of himself as foolish for not doing so.

The love of his life was missing and he needed to find her and fast.