Sixteen

Belle had figured out that being a human was useless. She's been sitting on the couch for more than forty five minutes. Her anxiety taking over as she awaited their return. She was worried to her core that something would happen to Gracie and her unborn pup or Demetri. She cringed at the latter, God what would she do if something happened to him! She bit her fingernails in terror, she surely wouldn't be able to concentrate to do anything until they came back.

She tried pacing the halls, reading a book but nothing was working and suddenly she felt a gash to her side and she screamed loudly. Her hand clung to her left side expecting to see blood or something but nothing happened and as she stared at her unharmed skin she knew something wasn't right. She was fine, but why did she feel something pierce her side. She gulped down the nervous feeling that she only felt it because it had happened to Demetri.

She felt a single tear trail down her face, God no! He was strong! He would come back to her. Belle paced the room more alarmed now. It had been an hour and a half now and Belle felt her stomach go queasy. And as the time passed she came to the realization that her feelings for her mate were stronger than she'd anticipated and right now she wanted nothing more than to have him back in her arms.

She covered her face with her palms trying to calm her nerves and suddenly she heard thunderous galloping. Belle unable to control herself ran to the door and whipped it open. In the distance she saw them, wolves very fucking large wolves bolting towards her. Belle had the urge to slam the door close and run upstairs and hide. What the hell! Where were Demetri and her new friends?

God did something happen, unable to pull herself from the sight of the wolves rushing towards her. Her eyes caught sight of one of them slightly to the back. It was large and visible a little bigger than the others with pitch black fur that looked so soft to the touch. Belle without thinking walked out of the house and towards the beasts. As they got closer, Belle realized there were only four and she gasped at the familiar grey eyes of the wolf she'd been looking at.

Demetri? She wanted to ask as her legs took her towards him. Any normal person would be cowering in fear but she was only intrigued and sort to get closer to him. From far she couldn't see it but as she got closer she could; the blood. She gasped at the gash on his left side. She knew then that, that beautiful wolf was hers. That, that was Demetri and he was hurt.

As she approached he was looking at her dead in the eyes and reached her hand out to touch his head. He bowed it slightly to have her hand touch him and she heard him purr. She grinned and engulfed him and a hug.
"You're back." She whispered.
He nuzzled into her and she moved back to take a look at his side. There was blood oozing from it and she winced.

He was in pain and that fact made Belle feel horrible. She didn't want him to be in pain! She gently touched the fur around the wound and she felt him wince under her touch. She frowned, "You need to see about this now!" She said sternly.
"You shouldn't be hurting!" She crossed her arms, feeling upset.
She felt him nuzzle her again and she sighed and hugged him closer.

Finally she looked over to the others and smiled, trying to pin point who was who.
"Gracie?" She asked out loud.
She needed to know if she was okay, a much smaller brown wolf stepped forward and nuzzled Belle.
As if knowing what Belle was implying Gracie nodded her head and Belle sighed and nodded back. Looking back at the group she noticed an elegant white wolf and knew instantly it was Fay.

Goddam.... Fay's wolf was gorgeous.
She smiled at her friend and then saw a grey wolf nuzzle Gracie, Christopher.
"So...." Belle began, "Are you guys gonna turn back?"
Belle stepped back to be next to Demetri and turned to him and looked into his eyes.
"Belle." The voice came from Demetri.
"It's nice to meet you." But it didn't sound like him.
"My name is Caesar. I'm Demetri's wolf."

Belle gasped slightly at Caesar's introduction, "Hi." She whispered.
Caesar nuzzled his head into her stomach and she giggled and hugged him. She knew what a wolf was and she knew Demetri had one inside him but she never thought she'd meet him.
"Demetri is finally letting me talk to you."
Belle nodded, "Caesar." She let his name roll off her tongue and he purred.

"I just wanted to say that Belle, you've exceeded any expectation I'd had of a mate and I'm happy that you're mine."
The word made her shiver and she nodded, "You too."
He nuzzled her again, "Demetri wants to come back."
She nodded again, "Bye Caesar."

Suddenly Demetri stepped back a little and a crackling sound could be heard and Belle watched in horror as he started to turn back. Following his lead everyone else decided that it was time and Belle was soon standing looking at four naked people. Her mouth was agape as she stared at Demetri's gorgeous body and package.
"You all could have told me to bring blankets!" She blushed as Demetri stepped towards her.

They all laughed but all laughing ceased as Belle noticed Demetri staggering in pain. The wound had followed him back to his human form. She rushed over to him, ignoring his nakedness snaked her arm around him,
"I told you, you need to see about this!" She said sternly.
He chuckled, "I love that you care so much."
Belle frowned, "Of course I care! You're hurt! I don't like seeing you in pain." She whispered the last part.

"I'll heal soon my love," he smiled at her and she nodded her head slowly.
Ronan turned to Christopher, "I think we need to have that other meeting now."
Christopher nodded solemnly.