Ten

Belle didn't like not being able to go outside without an escort. She could have no privacy and she was slowly losing her mind, although seeing Demetri all the time did help her a lot but she just wanted to get to know him without another person being in the same room.

Today was no different and she sat on a bar stool in the kitchen and turned her attention to her sandwich that she had made. Demetri was out visiting some of his pack members and had been gone for only ten minutes before there was a knock to the door. Looking at the other wolf in the room, her guard Liam, she gave him a look as he proceeded to follow her to the door. Liam never looked her in eye but just obediently as Demetri had commanded followed her quietly like a puppy.

At the door she twisted the handle not expecting to see Lily.
"Is Demetri here?" She asked loudly letting herself in by pushing past her.
"No, he's not...." she trailed off as she scowled at the woman.
Lily finally turned to face her, "Psh, then where'd he go?" Her voice sounded agitated, "I don't have all day Luna..."  she spat it out.

"Where is he?"
Belle scoffed, "He's out." Not feeling like telling her, his business.
Lily narrowed her eyes, "Figured you wouldn't know," she turned her attention to Liam who was standing silently off to the side, "Listen, you!" She jabbed a finger at him.
"Where could I find Demetri?"

Belle pursed her lips as she tightened her fist as she caught Liam's gaze who suddenly opened his mouth, "I don't answer to you, I only answer to my Luna."
The comment made Belle smile as she suddenly was grateful Liam was here, she crossed her arms "What is it that you have to tell him so urgently anyway?"
Lily scoffed, "It's werewolf business, you wouldn't know or understand."

She gritted her teeth at the stab to her pride as a harsher retort came crashing towards Lily, "I'd advise you woman to speak to your Luna with some more respect before I'm forced to remove you from the premises and report your behavior to Alpha Demetri!"
Liam could be Belle's best friend at the moment as the shocked expression on Lily's face had made her day.

At the ceremony when Belle had first met her she seemed to be fake, only talking to her nicely because Demetri was there but now, as if Belle already didn't know Lily saw her as competition for Demetri's heart  and her rude behavior didn't surprise her.
"So the answer to my question?" Belle smirked triumphantly.
"A fire was set in the western part of the woods, it was discovered a few young pups this afternoon. I was told to tell the Alpha." She spat venomously.

Belle nodded her folded arms becoming sweaty, "Was the fire set on purpose?"
Lily nodded, "It's what we believe,"
She nodded again, "You may go," Lily scoffed, "I'll make sure Demetri hears about this."
Lily didn't spare her a glance before she was out of the door, Belle turned her attention to Liam who was standing staring at the wall.

"Thank you." She said looking straight at him.
He didn't return her gaze but spoke anyway, "It's my job."
Belle chuckled, "It's not, but thank you anyway for defending me."
"It's only common sense that a wolf without rank has to be respectful to their Luna."
Belle shrugged, "But you forget I'm human. In this world with one swipe of your paw I'd be a goner."

Belle sat down and pursed her lips, "I don't blame anyone for not showing me respect I'm no werewolf."
Liam's voice was rough, "I'd think Alpha Demetri would not agree."
Belle smiled as she thought of Demetri, of course he wouldn't agree, he thought she was perfect.
But Belle had the horrible feeling that he'd get tired her, even though he says that she's it for for him, Belle couldn't shake the feeling that she'd end up hurt.

But she chuckled, "No he would not agree."