Twenty One

Belle watched as Demetri put down the phone and turned to her. Belle approached him and wrapped her arms around his body tightly.
"What's going to happen now?" She mumbled into his chest.
She heard him let out a sigh, "I've called for double security around our pack boarders and I've also alerted Fay and Christopher to what's happening."
Belle nodded pressing her nose into the center of his chest.

"Do you think Ronan will be okay?" She asked nervously.
Demetri moves his hand in soothing circles on her back, "With the knowledge of Lucas' plan thanks to you, Ronan can better prepare his wolves for the attack." He paused, "Everything should be fine."
Belle leaned back and nodded her head letting his reassuring words take precedence in her head, Everything will be okay.

"Demetri, Belle," both their heads shot in the direction of Jillian who was standing in the doorway, "Kaden, is here to speak to the both of you."
Demetri nodded a response to his mother as both of them walked out into the living room. Kaden stood up as soon as he saw them approaching and nodded his head, "Something good has come out of all of this." Kaden spoke confidently.
"During the fight earlier, one of their men was injured and was unable to make it far enough from our borders before he was intercepted and taken into custody."

Demetri suddenly sat up taller, "Where is he?" His voice was gruff.
"He's been receiving medical treatment so he'll be able to be questioned by tomorrow morning." Kaden answered.
"Make sure no one sees him before me." His tone was icy, "I need to get answers out of him."
Kaden nodded standing up and nodded his head towards both Demetri and Belle.

Demetri turned to her, "This is good news!"
Belle nodded, slightly relieved, "Hopefully this can be put behind us soon enough." She mumbled.
Demetri nodded, "We'll have to stay here for the night. I don't want us going back home just to be attacked again. I need to keep you safe." He rested his hand on her cheek.
Belle relished in his touch and sighed, "Well I'm tired." She said yawning.

Demetri in spite of all that's happened chuckled, "Come I'll show you where we'll be staying."
He led her into an old room covered in posters of  past football teams and Belle chuckled, "Is this your old room?" She asked.
She watched him smile, "It was."
"Quite football fan, weren't you?"
He shrugged, "I was into all sports as a kid,"
Belle scoffed, "Figures."
She saw him roll his eyes, "Yeah, well what were you like as a kid?"

Belle trailed her fingers across the trophies adorned on the walls and the pictures of young Demetri.
"Oh the usual, reading mostly."
"A nerd" He smirked.
Belle hit his arm, "oh shut up." She mumbled sitting on the edge of the bed.
"I hope all of this ends soon." She said sighing.
Demetri went over and sat beside her, "So do I."
She rested her head on his shoulder and he returned a gesture by kissing it.

"You think Lucas will figure out that we know his plan?"
"I'm counting on him not figuring out anything."  Belle nodded.
"And in the morning I'll go and talk the rogue and see if I could get any information out of him."
"I'll go with you." Belle spoke up.
But Demetri shook his head, "I don't think that's a good idea Belle..."

She lifted her eyebrows, "Why not?"
"I won't just be talking to Belle—" he trailed off, "He won't tell me what I need to know if I don't..."
"—hurt him." Belle finished his sentence for him.
She sighed, she knew this was what needed to be done but it made her go queasy, "Promise you'll at least talk to him first, see if he would give information up willingly."
Demetri nodded, "Now c'mon I thought you were tired." changing the conversation effectively.

He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her into the bed. Belle sighed and snuggled closer to him, their problems at hand long forgotten.

~*~
A U T H O R ' S   N O T E

Hey lovelies been awhile ay!

Please VOTE and COMMENT