Four

Belle was nervous.

Where was she going to sleep tonight?

Was she going to have to sleep on the bed with him?

Is that what mates did? Probably.

But Belle, she was slowly losing her mind over this minor detail;

She wore her mother's t-shirt that covered her shorts and made her look like she wasn't wearing any pants and her cheeks flushed as Demetri stepped into the room with his eyes trailing her body.

Dear god she took in his appearance as he ran his slender fingers through his hair making it fall onto his forehead in thick curls. She'd never seen it do that; in the short time she'd had the pleasure of seeing him, his hair was always combed back but now he looked somehow relaxed. His eyebrow quirked at her and it was then she realized she'd been staring.

Red spread across her cheeks as she swiveled away from him, "If you want I'll take the couch" he spoke up.

Belle twiddled with her fingers, "I'll take the couch." She whispered back.

Demetri looked confused, "I couldn't let you do that."

Belle shook her head, "I couldn't make you uncomfortable in your own room..."

"This is our room" His voice was firm.

"I um.." she stuttered.

"Belle, you should take the bed."

"Yes Alpha." She agreed not wanting to argue anymore.

Demetri shook his head, "Belle, Demetri. Call me Demetri."

Belle nodded again.

Awkwardly she climbed under the comforter and to her surprise within minutes of letting her head hit the pillow she fell asleep.

~*~

It had occurred to her that this could have been a dream, yet she woke up in the same bed she fell asleep in with a man asleep in the couch opposite her. Belle yawned sitting up on the bed only to find herself staring at his sleeping figure.

He really was pretty and Belle also thought of the fact that he was her's but she couldn't let herself get attached, she still didn't know if he was going to reject her or not. Although he hadn't and it had been more than 24 hours, one could never be too sure-

She slipped out of the bed quietly trying not to make a sound and took clothes to shower and change. It felt good to wash her hair and she braided it and put on a jeans and a comfortable t-shirt. Satisfied with her appearance she exited the door to see him still sleeping on the bed. She would have liked to stay and watch him sleep awhile longer but unfortunately her stomach was growling and she needed breakfast.

Walking into the kitchen she realized that in the house Demetri and herself were alone. It only just occurred to her that Jillian, George and Ana had their own house and they had only been visiting yesterday. With this fact playing in her mind, she had actually relaxed.

Suddenly the sound of her stomach took her out of her thoughts and knew it was time to make breakfast. Back home, she had always made the meals for her mother but the thought of making her mate food made her anxious, but she set to work.
What did werewolves eat? She shrugged eggs and bacon seemed like an easy enough breakfast for a werewolf and luckily supplies was easy enough to find. She scrambled the eggs, enough for her and Demetri and made two cups of coffee and tea each (she didn't know what he liked, so she just made both)

"Something smells delicious" his deep voice was even deeper since he'd just woken up.
Her heart was beating frantically at the man by the doorway as he approached the table and sat opposite to her, sitting where she had placed the food. He eyed the coffee and the tea and sipped both.
"This is really good, Belle" she blushed at his compliment.

"I didn't know whether you liked coffee or tea, so"

"I don't drink either..."

"Oh." Her voice was a little more disappointed than she would have liked it to sound and he easily noticed.

"But, if you make it for me of course I'll drink both,"

Good save, she thought to herself.

She nodded and ever so often she'd watch him take a bite of his eggs watching his facial expression as he ate it making sure to see if he seemed to like it. He leaned back sighing, clearly satisfied by the meal and she smiled to herself. Belle stood up and approached his plate, "Here, let me"

Demetri shook his head, "You did cook, let me wash."
It was only after awhile of being in shock that Belle had noticed his hand covering hers while she held the plate. She snatched her hand away quickly and swiveled her heel.

Belle had turned too fast to see the hurt expression that had crossed his face, "Belle, are.. are you scared of me?"
Belle didn't know how to answer that, she wasn't scared of him, but of what he could make her feel- she was scared that he'd make her fall for him and then decide a human wasn't enough.

She stared at him for a minute unsure of what to do or say, "Belle. I won't hurt you.."

"I know there are rumors about me going around and if that's the reason for your discomfort, I apologize..."

Belle twiddled with her fingers he didn't need to know her insecurities, "I'm not scared of you."

"Then, What is it?"

Lie lie lie

"I'm afraid you'll reject me." She whispered.

Shit.

That wasn't a lie-