Nineteen

Belle couldn't shake the feeling that something was not right. Maybe it was the way the hairs on the back of her neck stood up or the fidgety feeling she got in the pit of her stomach, but Belle knew something was not right. Ever since she'd admitted to feeling a little bit off Demetri seemed to perk up in his seat as he pulled up outside their house. On the outside, as far as Belle was concerned everything looked just as how they left it— she turned to Demetri offering him a small smile in hopes that, that would calm her nerves but it didn't help.

Simultaneously they both exited the car and went around back for their bags. Belle grabbed her bags and went rigid as Demetri grabbed her suddenly.
"Belle get behind me now!" She'd never heard him speak like ever.
"What's the matter?" She asked.
She feared his response, "Rogues." She gulped, God her gut feeling was right, something wrong.

"But I don't see anyone?" She questioned.
Demetri still didn't budge from in front of her as his grip on her only tightened.
"They're close." He muttered.
"How many?" She muttered, frightened.
"I can't tell exactly but if I could place a guess, five."
Belle suddenly felt like dropping, no no no!
"I've already mind linked Kaden for backup, a patrol should be here soon."

God.....

Belle heard a cackle, and whipped her head to face the direction it came from. As Demetri had predicted five men were walking towards them. There was loud growl that erupted from Demetri's throat and Belle thought if they were in a different situation it would have been sexy.
"Alpha Demetri!" The man who seemed to be in charge stepped forward, greeting them.
"Nice to see you!" He smiled, but the smile was sinister.

Demetri's shoulder was now shielding Belle and the man raised his eyebrows at this, "So this is the mate I've been hearing about so often.... the human?"
Belle locked eyes with him and suddenly wished she didn't, "Not tired of doing Lucas' dirty work, are you Rick?" Demetri spat out trying to take the attention off her.
Rick cackled, "Alpha Demetri it's always a pleasure."
Demetri's has tightened, "Can't say I feel the same."

Rick suddenly moved a step closer, as if trying to see her and Belle flinched, "I've heard she was beautiful Demetri, but you really out did yourself with this one."
Rick's lips curled into a smirk, "Lucas would be very pleased if I took her back with me as a prize after I kill you."
Belle felt her heart hammering in her chest, no Demetri wouldn't let them hurt her and he definitely can't die!

"If you even come close to laying a hand on her I will kill you!" His growl seemed to shake the streets.
Rick smiled seeming to take it as a challenge, "Lucas wants what he wants Demetri, you'd do yourself good to give him what he wants."
"Is that a threat?" Demetri's voice was malicious.
Rick only chuckled, "Just a reminder."
"He'll never get what he wants! Not while I'm alive."
Rick smirked, "I was hoping you'd say that."

Suddenly several sounds of bones breaking and reforming happened and Belle watched in horror as all five of the men started to turn. Demetri looked at Belle for the first time in awhile, "Go in the car and drive away!"
Belle shook her head, "I don't want to leave you!" She cried.
"This isn't up for negotiation Belle! Do it now!" He pushed her towards the car, placing the keys into her hand.

He started his own transformation and Belle suddenly now in front of the car was a huge black wolf. From where Belle was, Demetri was by far bigger than all of the rogues. Suddenly Belle screamed when all of them attacked Demetri. Tears streamed down her face as she heard his painful grunts. He was doing well and holding his own but five to one was no where near fair. Suddenly as if hearing her prayer, the patrol Demetri had promised, arrived.

Kaden led the pack and soon they joined the fight. Suddenly Kaden, still in human form appeared by the car window, "Belle please, Demetri has ordered me to make sure that you drive away."
Belle frowned, "I can't leave him!" She cried.
Kaden shook his head, "You need to leave! I promise I'll keep him safe for you."
"Where do I go?"
"Go to his parents house."Belle nodded, knowing she needed to go, and started the ignition and drove off.

With tear stained cheeks she arrived at the house she knew to be the old alphas. At the sound of the car she saw Jillian exit the house and run to her.
"Oh my dear girl!" She wrapped her arms around Belle and she broke down.
"It'll be okay, our Demetri is a strong man! He'll come back to you!"
Belle nodded through the tears as she finally noticed the little girl watching the exchange.

"Momma!" She tugged on Jillian's shirt.
"What happened to Belle?" Ana asked.
"Belle is just feeling a bit sick." Jillian sighed.
"Sick? I was sick last week! I'll make you soup!" Ana giggled running into the house.
Belle looked at Jillian gratefully as the two women made their way into the house.
"Something to drink?" She asked.
"Water would be nice."

Belle took a sip of her water trying to calm her nerves but nothing seemed to work. Suddenly a bubbly Ana came bouncing over, "Hi!" She chirped.
"Hello." Belle tried to smile.
"You still look sad" Ana frowned, putting her chubby hand to her forehead to feel for a temperature.
Belle smiled at the little girls caring attitude, "Don't worry, sweet heart. I'll be alright."
Ana didn't seem to look convinced but nodded anyway.

"Belle?" Ana looked up at her.
"Where's my brother?" She asked.
Belle gulped, "He'll be here soon." She said trying to convince herself that she wasn't lying that Demetri was coming and he'd be okay.
This was the second time Belle felt helpless in a situation like this! And the first time didn't happen too long ago and she didn't want to have the feeling of fearing for Demetri's life so often.
"Do you want to watch a movie?" Ana asked.

Belle nodded, yes anything to take her mind off the current situation.