Chapter 4

^Molly's Costume^ (without the heels)

Molly

It was the day before Halloween, and I couldn't be more excited. I was dressing up as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters, and the boys were going to be the Ghostbusters. It was going to be so much fun! I'll admit it can get a little intense with the boys, so I'm going to ask Max to come with us.

She was standing at her locker, so I walked up to her.

"Hey Max! I'm Molly, welcome to Hawkins!" I said giving her a smile.

"Oh, hi. Wait, you're the girl who people think has a skin condition," she observed.

"Yeah that's me," I replied with as much confidence as I could muster.

"It's fine. I've got a lot of freckles too. We can be freckle buddies," she said while laughing a little.

"Thanks. Most people think I'm diseased. I'm getting off topic though. Would you maybe want to go trick or treating with me and my friends tomorrow?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes.

"Wait aren't you friends with the stalkers?" Max asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah. My friends can be a little stupid sometimes. They don't really know how to act around girls that aren't me. We all like the same stuff, so when someone comes who, God forbid, doesn't like D&D, they turn into helpless penguins," I said slightly giggling at the analogy that I used to describe my friends. Max laughed a little too.

"Sure. You seem cool. Where to you want to meet?" Max asked.

"We can meet at my house. 17 Cherrywood Lane, it's right near school Does six work for you?" I told her.

"Yeah. I'll see you then. Can you tell your friends to stop staring at me? It's a little creepy," Max asked politely.

"Sure. See you around!" I called after her.

"Yeah! See you," she replied. As I turned to walk to science class with my favorite teacher Mr. Clarke, I was met with the faces of my fellow party members.

" Who were you talking to?" Mike asked.

"Do we need to tell a teacher?" Will asked concerned.

"What did we do wrong?" Lucas questioned.

"You're not leaving us, right?" Dustin asked looking very depressed.

"Woah guys chill. No Curly Fry, I'm not leaving the party. You did nothing wrong Cocoa. We don't need to tell a teacher Will the Wise. I was just speaking to Max, Mike and Ike," I told the boys, using the pet names I like to call them. Mike and Lucas pouted when I used their nicknames, Will smiled, and Dustin blushed.

"Good. I'm glad you're still a party member. Did you ask if she was MadMax?" Dustin asked.

"No, because that's an idiotic thing to do. I did ask her to come trick or treating with us, and she said yes. She also requests that four of you kindly stop stalking her. It's making her uncomfortable," I retorted.

I heard a collective, "Okay. We will Molly," from the boys and smiled at them. I walked in between Lucas and Dustin, swung my arm over their shoulders, took Dustin's hat off his head, and placed in on my own.

"Hey!" he protested, his face flushed a light pink.

"Alright my little Curly Fry, here you go," I said while I placed it back on his head lopsided, giggling the whole time. I love these boys, and I couldn't have asked for better friends.