Chapter 10

Dustin

I was over the moon when Molly and I biked home together. She kissed me! She kissed me! Granted it was on the cheek. A friendly gesture, but I'll take it.

"Hello Dusty! Hello Molly!" my mom called from the porch.

"Hi mom!" I yelled back.

"Hello Mrs. Henderson!" the angelic voice of Molly Miller shouted.

"Dusty have you seen Mews? I can't find her," my mother asked concerned.

"I'm sure that Mews just went for a walk mom, but I'll check my room," I offered.

Molly and I headed inside searching for my cat. When we reached my room, Molly noticed that the terrarium was broken, and Dart was gone.

"Dustin!" Molly said from the other side of the room. "You'll want to see this."

"What?" I asked as I walked over to her. I looked down, and saw Dart, eating Mews. Molly and I just stood there in shock, before Dart hissed at us. His face opening up, and dripping blood.

Molly and I bolted out of my room, and shut the door quickly. I grabbed Molly's hand, not caring that I was blushing. I pulled her into the living room, and I picked up the telephone.

I pretended to call someone, and I just nodded every so often, and occasionally said, "Yes, thank you." I didn't actually call someone.

"Mom, the Thompsons said that they saw Mews over by the quarry. You could check there, and Molly and I will stay here in case she comes back," I told my mom.

"Oh Dusty, thank you. Molly you're an angel. I see why Dusty likes you so much," she said putting on her coat. Molly blushed a bit, but I'm sure my face was a burning red.

"Mom, that's enough. Bye. I love you," I replied, blowing my mother a kiss.

As soon as we head the door close, we sighed in relief. Thank goodness my mom hadn't found Dart.

"Alright. I'll get armor, you get any meat we have in the fridge," I ordered Molly. She nodded, and rushed off to the kitchen. When she returned she was holding eight packages of bologna, and six packages of salami. I was holding my dad's old hockey gear, and two hockey sticks.

"Why do you have so much lunch meat?" Molly asked gesturing to the pile that she had made on the floor.

"I don't know, but it should be enough to lure out Dart," I told her, handing Molly the armor. She put it on, and smiled at me.

We started making a trail of lunch meat to my basement. We agreed that we would hide in the shed in my backyard. We needed to make sure that we didn't make any noise, so Dart wouldn't go after us. Molly pulled open the basement doors, and placed the rest of the meat at the bottom of the stone steps.

"Alright. You get in the shed with the walkie talkie, and I'll open the door," I told Molly, and she nodded.

"Dustin, if we don't make it out, je t'aime comme plus qu'un ami," Molly said quickly, blushing. (She said I love you as more that just a friend.)

"I don't know what that means, but I'm sure whatever you said was meaningful," I told her. I made a mental note to translate that sentence later. Molly ran into the shed, and I headed inside.

"Alright Dart, breakfast time," I called to the freaking demogorgon in my bedroom. I opened the door, and ran for my life.

I was breathing heavily when I opened the door of the shed, and ran inside. Molly sighed in relief as she checked my body for wounds, and didn't find any. I blushed slightly when she pulled up the hockey mask, and her gentle fingers brushed over my face, making sure I was fine.

"I'm glad your okay," Molly whispered as she slid the hockey mask down my face.

Suddenly we heard Dart crouching outside, and our breathing nearly stopped. I felt Molly grab my hand as if to say, "We're in this together." Dart looked towards the shed, and we sighed in relief when he ignored it, and went down into the basement.

As soon as he climbed in completely, I charged out of the shed, and shut the metal doors violently. I leaned on the doors so Dart couldn't escape. Molly placed the hockey sticks through the handles of the doors, and sat down next to me. We both sighed, the rush of adrenaline wearing off.

"We should get help," Molly said breathing heavily.

"Yeah," I replied breathlessly. We stood up, and walked inside trying to call our friends on the walkie talkie.

~Time Skip~

"You're really no help at all, you know that?" I told Mr. Wheeler. His line had been busy for hours. How did he not care?!

"No one there?" Molly asked as I walked back to her.

"No Mike or Nancy," I responded shaking my head. Just then we see Steve Harrington walking towards the Wheeler residence.

"Steve, are those for Mr. and Mrs. Wheeler?" I asked gesturing to the roses in his hands.

"No," he replied.

"Good. Nancy's not there," Molly said taking them from him.

"What the heck?!" Steve shouted.

"You still got that bat?" I asked opening the door to his car.

"What bat?" Steve asked. Is he really this dense?

"The one with nails," Molly said sarcastically, getting in the back of his car.

"We're going to need meat, lot's of it," I told Steve.

"Now drive!" Molly ordered, and with that, Steve started the car, and off we went.